She wants my P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by dieselsmoke, Aug 7, 2010.

1. dieselsmoke

dieselsmoke New Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Hello folks, new guy here. The Bride and I recently got our CCW permits. A friend lent me an assortment for us to shoot to decide what to buy including a PPK, a .38 airweight, an NAA 22 mag, and a Black Widow. The Bride picked out the .38 and I wanted something smaller and lighter for a daily carry. Yesterday I bought a P3AT and a few accessories for myself and a Colt Lightweight Agent .38 for her. When I got home and she started to handle them she changed her tune and wanted the P3AT. I asked why she didn't tell me that after shooting the PPK and she said "that one's a lot lighter". Well ya got me there. So I'll get her outside and run a few rounds through the P3AT this weekend and if the music doesn't change it's back to the gun shop for another. Oh well the Colt will make a nice addition for console or nightstand. :)

I've been reading a while on this site and already learned a lot. There's a couple of field strip videos on youtube that are helpful also. I'll want to do the buff n fluff after a hundred or so rounds. There's probably some good instructions here somewhere but I have not come across them yet. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Dieselsmoke

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    A woman's prerogative for sure.  :-?

If she doesn't like the recoil of the P3AT, consider the P32.  It is the same platform, very slightly lighter and smaller with a little less of the snappy recoil.  It holds 7 rounds with an available +1 extension and/or 10 rd mag that gives a full grip, and unlike the P3AT, the slide locks back on the last shot.  It's a great little CCW for fairer sex.  They even make a nice hard chromed model engraved with the words "Lady P32" and a pic of  a rose.  Now that might even win you an evening of special treatment.  :)

Fluff and buff.
    http://goldenloki.com/gunsmith/keltec/fullrp.htm

KT Lube Guide:
    http://goldenloki.com/gunsmith/keltec/lube.htm

3. dieselsmoke

dieselsmoke New Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Thanks for the link TxCajun. I'll check it out now.

You make a good point. A .32 in the purse is much prefered to a .380 or .38 in the truck. Not to mention I can use all the points I can get. ;)