She BIT me!!!

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by shep854, Mar 7, 2009.

1. shep854

shep854 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    I was at the range this afternoon, sighting Sue Too in. I had read ktwm's reports on the early SU22s and how they hated Remington Thunderbolts. Genius that I am ::), I figured that the problem had been solved by the time Sue Too was born. Anyway, round 13--click. I couldn't get the bolt to open. When I looked, a round was stuck partway into the chamber. I had to carefully bump the op handle to get the bolt back and eject the round. I tried another--no joy. I couldn't even get a T'bolt to drop into the chamber.

Well, duh. :-[ I loaded up with CCI Minimags and Sweet Sue started banging away. As I was adjusting the front sight, I noticed some sort of red goo on the recoil spring tube. My thought was that some kind of lube was oozing out. When I went to get a paper towel to clean it off, I saw that some of the goo had gotten on my thumb. Hm. On second glance, it was blood! I don't have the foggiest notion how it happened, but somehow Sue Too got me back for forcing her to eat junk! Lesson learned.

BTW, I can now get the windage adjusted.

In other range news, I shot off the Hydra-Shoks I had loaded in my PF9 and loaded with Speer GDHPs, in 124gr +P form. Compared to the H-S's which have major muzzle flash, they showed NO flash, but definitely kicked more.

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    When you previously reported that you were heading out with some Remington Golden Bullets, I thought you might have some troubles. Sorry you did, and sorrier that you bled a little. Rumor has it that after a substantial break-in the Golden Bullets will probably work a little better. My SU-22 is well broken-in, but I still haven't worked up the nerve to try the Golden Bullets again. It just shoots so well with the Federal that I don't want to jinx it, and I don't want to bleed either. :)

Were those Speer 9mm rounds the Short Barrel stuff or whatever they call the rounds that are intended for short barrel self defense pistols used for concealed carry?

3. shep854

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    The Remington loads I tried have lead bullets. Hey, you don't mess with a lady! ;D Lesson learned. My Buck Mark doesn't mind them, so that's where they will go.

AFIR, the end of the 9mil box simply said "Gold Dot Hollow Point 124gr +P".

4. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Do the bullets still rotate in the case and bend like a banana?

A lady?

I have some S&M thing going on with my SU-22C. I throw her in the mud and talk dirty to her. She loves it.

Ahh, ya made me look. Didn't take long to find it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=216634

5. shep854

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL