Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range this afternoon, sighting Sue Too in. I had read ktwm's reports on the early SU22s and how they hated Remington Thunderbolts. Genius that I am ::), I figured that the problem had been solved by the time Sue Too was born. Anyway, round 13--click. I couldn't get the bolt to open. When I looked, a round was stuck partway into the chamber. I had to carefully bump the op handle to get the bolt back and eject the round. I tried another--no joy. I couldn't even get a T'bolt to drop into the chamber.

Well, duh. :-[ I loaded up with CCI Minimags and Sweet Sue started banging away. As I was adjusting the front sight, I noticed some sort of red goo on the recoil spring tube. My thought was that some kind of lube was oozing out. When I went to get a paper towel to clean it off, I saw that some of the goo had gotten on my thumb. Hm. On second glance, it was blood! I don't have the foggiest notion how it happened, but somehow Sue Too got me back for forcing her to eat junk! Lesson learned.

BTW, I can now get the windage adjusted.

In other range news, I shot off the Hydra-Shoks I had loaded in my PF9 and loaded with Speer GDHPs, in 124gr +P form. Compared to the H-S's which have major muzzle flash, they showed NO flash, but definitely kicked more.

·
Super Moderator
10,056 Posts
When you previously reported that you were heading out with some Remington Golden Bullets, I thought you might have some troubles. Sorry you did, and sorrier that you bled a little. Rumor has it that after a substantial break-in the Golden Bullets will probably work a little better. My SU-22 is well broken-in, but I still haven't worked up the nerve to try the Golden Bullets again. It just shoots so well with the Federal that I don't want to jinx it, and I don't want to bleed either. :)

Were those Speer 9mm rounds the Short Barrel stuff or whatever they call the rounds that are intended for short barrel self defense pistols used for concealed carry?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Remington loads I tried have lead bullets. Hey, you don't mess with a lady! ;D Lesson learned. My Buck Mark doesn't mind them, so that's where they will go.

AFIR, the end of the 9mil box simply said "Gold Dot Hollow Point 124gr +P".

·
Super Moderator
10,056 Posts
shep854 said:
The Remington loads I tried have lead bullets.
Do the bullets still rotate in the case and bend like a banana?

shep854 said:
Hey, you don't mess with a lady!
A lady?

I have some S&M thing going on with my SU-22C. I throw her in the mud and talk dirty to her. She loves it.

shep854 said:
AFIR, the end of the 9mil box simply said "Gold Dot Hollow Point 124gr +P".
Ahh, ya made me look. Didn't take long to find it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=216634

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Liberty4Ever said:
Do the bullets still rotate in the case and bend like a banana? Yep

A lady?
I have some S&M thing going on with my SU-22C. I throw her in the mud and talk dirty to her. She loves it.
Sue Too laid down the law to me right quick!  She wants respect, or she gets blood!!! :eek:

Ahh, ya made me look. Didn't take long to find it.
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=216634
I didn't say it wasn't there; I just didn't remember it! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts