Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Seriously?!

4K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  IamScotticus 
#1 ·
I am really getting tired of this forum having so little activity, I was really expecting there to be a river of threads about RDBs sucking, parts breaking and just general Kel-Tec bashing. After the (expected) initial spate of early production unit problems, it has really died off.

You guys really need to step it up, not meeting the general expectations here at all.

-Grifter

#4 ·
i think the real problem is not a lot of ppl have the gun. i agree though...posts are pretty scarce here. incidentally, so are RDBs. we're passing the torch to you buddy...lead the way.

seriously though...i do have a concept in mind for putting up a RDB user review vid on youtube at some point.

#6 · (Edited)
Maybe , just maybe the guns are working as advertised and the problems solved. Hmmmmmm?
Blasphemy!!!
KT guns are problems on a stick! I read that on the internet so it must be true!
As previously stated, people don't join a forum and post "hey, my gun runs like a top, just wanted you guys to know:rolleyes:".
Sure they are on the cutting-edge of new technology and will have some kinks to iron out.
But we have the RFB:eek:.
8 years later, there still isn't a 308 bullpup that can touch it, fleas and all:).
It's a wonderful idea to wish for new technology on one hand, and then say: "But I will only buy a 20-year-old proven design:mad:".

Run with the big dogs, or stay on the porch is the phrase that rings in my head.
If the RDB totally sucked, everybody would be dumping them on the market used:rolleyes:.
Ah, no. Almost none to be found Yellow Line Font

If they totally sucked, there would be scores of new ones moldering away on the shelf. (can't thank some member enough for giving me that word:))
Hardly any found there Yellow Line Font

The RDB works. Deal with it:D.

Attachments

#7 ·
Blasphemy!!!
KT guns are problems on a stick! I read that on the internet so it must be true!
As previously stated, people don't join a forum and post "hey, my gun runs like a top, just wanted you guys to know:rolleyes:".
Sure they are on the cutting-edge of new technology and will have some kinks to iron out.
But we have the RFB:eek:.
8 years later, there still isn't a 308 bullpup that can touch it, fleas and all:).
It's a wonderful idea to wish for new technology on one hand, and then say: "But I will only buy a 20-year-old proven design:mad:".

Run with the big dogs, or stay on the porch is the phrase that rings in my head.
If the RDB totally sucked, everybody would be dumping them on the market used:rolleyes:.
Ah, no. Almost none to be found View attachment 28184 .

If they totally sucked, there would be scores of new ones moldering away on the shelf. (can't thank some member enough for giving me that word:))
Hardly any found there View attachment 28184 .

The RDB works. Deal with it:D.

"hey, my gun runs like a top, just wanted you guys to know"

#8 ·
"hey, my gun runs like a top, just wanted you guys to know"
It can't be a Kel-Tec, it just KanT, IT KAN'T!!! Font Logo Graphics Art

Thanks for your post. Have I had a problem with mine? sure. Are they fixed? Yes.
Am I totally IN LOVE with them?:quickkiss:
...Oh yeah:D Green Black Yellow Facial expression Emoticon

I have tremendous firepower in small packages and they can really bring the HEAT!
And I don't have to tote around something the size of a broom.

We now resume our regularly scheduled program of urination&moaning...
'My gun is so sorry, I can't believe it clashes with my nail-polish!!!
I've never been so disappointed in my life! It is complete trash!!!'

'My gun failed to feed... there was this one time at band camp... I just can't ever trust it agAAAIN!!! Yellow Text Line Font

What eevverr will I dooohoohoo? Yellow Text Line Font
Yellow Text Line Font

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
Here is a photo of my RDB in its normal everyday case (seriously, it works awesome and you can not tell there is a rifle in there).

Support the cause folks.

-Grifter
If a picture is worth a thousand words, this video is worth a fortune.
Haven't seen this posted before, but kudos to Oleg Volk for this high-speed camerawork of the RDB.
The bolt moving forward is equal to the recoil. Zero muzzle rise.
It just plain works.

*WARNING* anyone that is thinking about buying one of these guns had better look away:eek:.
This will cost you money!:D.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKOE0wsFxc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKOE0wsFxc[/ame]
Yes, Seriously.

#14 ·
Sam keep your AUG and get an RDB as well. Your LGS should be able to get you one for $999.
Yes, I'm having a hard time thinking about parting with the AUG but I no longer want a safe load of rifles. My LGS did pick up a couple of black RDBs but they were for an NRA dinner. Buy a table and get a RDB rifle. Great deal. They are checking with their distributors for a green rifle for me.

SamM

#16 ·
Ran the RDB some today with various loads; 62gr Armscorps FMJ, 55gr Silverado and 40Gr VMax Hornady. Shot around 150 rounds, it was flawless. I love this rifle!!

As you would expect, the more I shoot the rifle the better my groups are getting. What I wasn't expecting was that the most consistently accurate round is has been the 40gr VMAX. I am getting a bit under MOA 3 round groups, but 5 round groups almost always have a flyer that results in 1.5-2 MOA.

Considering the primary usage of this rifle will be for work doing feral animal removal from a helicopter, this accuracy will work perfectly.

-Grifter

Attachments

#17 · (Edited)
Ran the RDB some today with various loads; 62gr Armscorps FMJ, 55gr Silverado and 40Gr VMax Hornady. Shot around 150 rounds, it was flawless. I love this rifle!!

As you would expect, the more I shoot the rifle the better my groups are getting. What I wasn't expecting was that the most consistently accurate round is has been the 40gr VMAX. I am getting a bit under MOA 3 round groups, but 5 round groups almost always have a flyer that results in 1.5-2 MOA.

Considering the primary usage of this rifle will be for work doing feral animal removal from a helicopter, this accuracy will work perfectly.

-Grifter
Love, love, love the snakeskin makeover!

Someone is going to see it and say:
"I h-h-h-h-have to have one!"
Going to cost them a lot of money.

I hope you're happy with yourself!:rolleyes:.
And you never mentioned the problem you're having with your gun.
There just HAS to be a problem! Font Logo Graphics Art

Or maybe,
just possibly,
it could be,
that IT TOTALLY ROCKS!!! Font

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.