Sending P3-AT back to Kel-Tec - One question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by pookieguy, Nov 3, 2007.

1. pookieguy

pookieguy New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Hi,
    I will be sending my new P3-AT back to Kel-Tec tomorrow for service due excessive jams
    and failure to extract. I've ownd many from them and have only had to send one in the
    past and they usually send a gun back that shoots perfectly. I'm very confident they'll
    "fix" this issue.

Anyways,
    My question is in regards to accessories on the gun. The only time I had to send a gun
    back to them was years ago and that P-32 had no mods or accessories.

My P3-AT now has the AGLaser pads and grips, belt clip and some NiteSiters.
    The service instructions do not mention anything about accessories and I'm simply
    wondering if it will be safe to send the gun in with them?

Also,
    It has been years and I don't remember whether or not the gun needs to be sent in
    with or without the mag? I have two Mags, both of which have their grip extension.

Any info before shipping it to them is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    --mike

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Based on the experiences I have gathered from the board - gnerally you are out any none mfg modifications if they have to work on that area of the gun.

Unless your problem turns out to be a warped grip, your Aglaser stuff is probably just fine. Your belt clip will come back on whatever you get back.

If they replace the slide, your nitesiters are a goner.

Send at least one of the mags and it will come back, or a new one will with your grip extension on it.

-Scott