Sending it in for Warranty work

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Blarelli, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Blarelli

Blarelli New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well, my hammer spring snapped last week, and it is time to send it in for warranty work. I have a couple of quick questions for those of you with experience using the warranty.

-Who should I use to send the gun back to KT? UPS, Fed-ex?
    -How long will it take to return?

Thanks

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    UPS ground, insure for what it's worth, and tell them it's "machine parts". Law does not require you to ship it overnight, nor tell them it's a firearm. That's only UPS policy.

If you include a note with it with your e-mail address, KT will notify you when they get it and how long they expect to keep it from you. I believe the current quoted time is 30 days. Also, you should probably tell them what's wrong in the note.

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Better question is "Should I send it back..." I don't think so. Call KT, ask for SERVICE, tell them what happened and ask for a hammer spring assembly. You will have one in a few days and they are an easy change.

No shipping, no time away. You will know your weapon better. All will be better.

-Scott

4. +1 Scott-----

CALL KT......no e-mails...CALL and ask for SERVICE...not parts..

Tell the nice folks in SERVICE what happened, and ask them to send you a hammer spring ASSEMBLY......not just the spring.

The hammer/spring assembly is very simple to replace. Swapping the spring by it self is not so simple.

If you are not sure you can do it, let us know and we can point you to the step by step DIY.

KT phone
    M-F 8am-4pm EST
    Toll free 1-800-515-9983

5. Moleman

Moleman New Member

Mar 12, 2008
    This may help you with your decision... Mine was there 6 weeks plus a few days (got it back 2 weeks ago). Many report 8 weeks. I'm still not convinced mine is completely fixed, but haven't had the time to tinker with it lately due to work demands, so I might have been better off DIY to start with anyhow.

Just thought this first person info might help you with your decision.

-Moleman

6. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    +1000
    This is the way to go

7. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Mine was there for about 8 weeks. I got it back about 3 weeks ago.
    Make your repair request simple or they may miss part of it like they did mine.
    I had asked them to replace a damaged extractor screw and they missed that part.
    I called them and ask for a screw so I could replace it myself and they sent two screws, tension springs and extractors! very quickly I might add.
    Oh well, I have new replacement parts.

8. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Mine was 9+ weeks. Just to polish the feed ramp better.

I did some work on it myself before sending it in, but I didn't do it well enough I guess. Plus the guy on the phone told me the Fluff and Buff would not fix my gun, guess he was wrong.

In your case, getting the part and fixing it yourself would be the best option. I thought I did my best to exhaust my my options before sending it in.