Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just a thought and a prayer and wishful thinking.

I've a KS7.
Like the gun overall, but I've always disliked pumps.
Think Kel Tec might someday come out with a semi-auto "based" on the KS7?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a butt-load of semi-auto bullpup shotguns out there now, mostly mag-fed.

Yes sir there are.

But there all, (atleast the ones I've checked into), longer in length and heavier than the KS7.
The mag-fed models are almost always limited to 5 round mags unless you want to use the foot long, (or longer), mags that are not practical in the real world and were designed for competitive shooting, (Three Gun Matches, Speed Steel Shotgun, ect., which I compete in.)

For me, a KS7 sized, with the KS7's round count, in semi-auto, would be a near perfect, close range weapon.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd love a semi-auto ks7! But it's going to be hard to do with the space that they've got to work with and keeping that size envelope. And the price will go up exponentially. Frankly and it's not a slam on Kel-Tec but they don't go for that high tech of stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a butt-load of semi-auto bullpup shotguns out there now, mostly mag-fed.

O.P. here.....

Welp!!!!!
This is what happened yesterday for better or worse.
I bought a Lander Arms BPX 902, "Gen 2", mag fed, 12 Ga., semi-auto, Bullpup with screw in chokes.
The "Gen 3" models are now in stock so they kinda/sorta gave me alittle deal on the older Gen 2 version.
Get it early next week, the jury is out on "if" the KS7 will be kept.

Thanks to all who posted on this thread.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I don't know anything about them. Good luck with it.

I did go to their website to see what it is. Since the shells are in a magazine close to the shoulder it might even be more nimble than the KS7.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Knowing Kel-Tec's track record I wouldn't buy one IF they ever rolled one out. Maybe 3+ years down the road so they could work out all the issues that would come with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
IWI Tavor TS-12 already does it,with more rounds than the KT,downside is a lot bulkier too...
My bother has the TS-12 and it is fun to shoot but very bulky. I prefer the KSG even though it is pump action. Just smaller, lighter, and better balanced.

·
Registered
54 Posts
O.P. here.....

Welp!!!!!
This is what happened yesterday for better or worse.
I bought a Lander Arms BPX 902, "Gen 2", mag fed, 12 Ga., semi-auto, Bullpup with screw in chokes.
The "Gen 3" models are now in stock so they kinda/sorta gave me alittle deal on the older Gen 2 version.
Get it early next week, the jury is out on "if" the KS7 will be kept.

Thanks to all who posted on this thread.
Let us know if you run into mag issues as I hear that is a common issue with that style of shotgun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts