Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw online someone call the CMR/PMR 30s a hornets nest. I am a Vietnam Vet who slept with an M-16 for a year and I feel just as well protected with my 2 CMR 30s and one PMR 30 with 8 magazines as I did in country. I wouldn't want to run into that hornets nest.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree. I may be wrong, but as an old fart, I need a system of self defense that will last me the next 30+ years, by which time I'll be into the triple digits. For us, after a lot of research, 22 mag, light weight guns, and high quantity mags, seems like the way to go.

Rimfire has gotten a lot of bad rap, but with the right guns, the right upgrades, the right ammo, and minimal recoil, Kel-Tec's CMR/PMR combo with the Mcarbo upgrades, seems to me the ideal setup to quickly get repeated shots properly placed, and mags and ammo that work with the pistol and the rifle.

I got my CMR and my last PMR from a retired detective. His research aligned with mine, and he bought them for a senior lady he was wooing. When they broke up, he still had the guns and sold them to us. I added the Mcarbo upgrades.

Hopefully, like our spare tires, jumper cables, and hurricane shutters, we'll never need any of them, but I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

If you feel compelled to post objections to us using a 22 mag system for SD, please save your fingertips on this thread. I've seen plenty of such posts and articles all over the web, already made up my mind, and already bought a set of CMR/PMR's. We probably wouldn't have gotten the most commonly recommended AR rifle/9mm handgun combo, and, even if we did, probably wouldn't be able to use them a few years from now, anyway. If I'm wrong, I've already lived a wonderful life.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. I may be wrong, but as an old fart, I need a system of self defense that will last me the next 30+ years, by which time I'll be into the triple digits. For us, after a lot of research, 22 mag, light weight guns, and high quantity mags, seems like the way to go.

Rimfire has gotten a lot of bad rap, but with the right guns, the right upgrades, the right ammo, and minimal recoil, Kel-Tec's CMR/PMR combo with the Mcarbo upgrades, seems to me the ideal setup to quickly get repeated shots properly placed, and mags and ammo that work with the pistol and the rifle.

I got my CMR and my last PMR from a retired detective. His research aligned with mine, and he bought them for a senior lady he was wooing. When they broke up, he still had the guns and sold them to us. I added the Mcarbo upgrades.

Hopefully, like our spare tires, jumper cables, and hurricane shutters, we'll never need any of them, but I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

If you feel compelled to post objections to us using a 22 mag system for SD, please save your fingertips on this thread. I've seen plenty of such posts and articles all over the web, already made up my mind, and already bought a set of CMR/PMR's. We probably wouldn't have gotten the most commonly recommended AR rifle/9mm handgun combo, and, even if we did, probably wouldn't be able to use them a few years from now, anyway. If I'm wrong, I've already lived a wonderful life.
Right on. You're probably young compared to me, but I totally agree with you that I will stake my life on my CMRs and PMR if TSHTF. I can't low crawl as well as I could 50 years ago, but the weight of my CMR helps me maneuver.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure as hell wouldn't want either one of you shooting at me with your .22 mags!!!!
;)
Hey, I've seen some of the threads you post in. I don't want a firefight against you (unless I have the element of surprise). o_O

1 - 7 of 7 Posts