Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be the optimal KSG sight?

Crossbolt rail mount, delta point reticle...

A better mount than the Original See All, a better reticle than the Nite version, & compact.

Would probably need a riser.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the Tritium version so I've not tried the Triangle reticle, but with some practice I've found the T reticle to be effective. I've also found that shooting with both eyes open somewhat eliminates the blind spot below below the top of the reticle. What I really like is no battery or electronics to get pounded by the punishment of the KSG. I have mine on a High mount and find it still to be a bit low. It works, but I will likely try to put another riser below the mount I'm using to get it just a tad bit higher.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have the Tritium version so I've not tried the Triangle reticle, but with some practice I've found the T reticle to be effective. I've also found that shooting with both eyes open somewhat eliminates the blind spot below below the top of the reticle. What I really like is no battery or electronics to get pounded by the punishment of the KSG. I have mine on a High mount and find it still to be a bit low. It works, but I will likely try to put another riser below the mount I'm using to get it just a tad bit higher.
Thanks. Until I learned of the M2, the Nite version was on my short list; however, I've used triangle (delta) reticles with other optics, and that is my preference.

I sure also would like to hear from someone who has used the M2 on a KSG for close/fast work with buck, and out to 50+ yards or so with slugs...

·
Registered
313 Posts
This was using the just the seeall
https://youtu.be/yeSKD8g3FrQ

I've used it out to distance standing. Its kind of in my mind 50 and close. 25 yrds is to me my preference. But man sized at 50-80 is doable. Its all based on your skill and eyes. Its unmagnified. And as the guy said does cover the bottom of your view. But you lose that picture with other things as well. So it isn't a big deal to me. I dont bird hunt. I shoot slugs. And generally if i put the point of the triangle on something and pull the trigger the KSG will go BANG! And i see something down range go BOOM! So. Its a package that seems to work for me. I am not a super goodguy tacticool operator. If i can hit beer cans at a reasonable distance with the sight its good by me. In my opinion. 200-400 yards is something for a supersonic rifle round.

12ga can deliver a lot of foot pounds of energy up close but that round is heavy and not really leaving with a lot of speed compared to a rifle round. Its all a matter of what you are doing in my mind. If you got big open spaces or you got house to house spaces. Choose what fits. Or go with what you got. I see the KSG as semi urban combat and ground control defensive sort of weapon to be kept around with slugs. Car to car, house to house, the rounds with punch but can be accounted for as they are not ripping all around and covering big distances beyond the target. One of them rules of knowing your back drop settings.

The seeall is a fairly fast and easy sight to engage with like a reflex sight. With the triangle reticle you can quickly adjust your arc and level by seeing the with of the triangle and visualizing the tip on the target. For close in. You have a fast line up and can see your horizon line and know if your shooting low or high.

Ambient light seems to play on the styles. Normal daylight to some dawn and dusk but at night even with the trid nights you are a guessing game. Inside a building or house with general light it shows up okay. But i haven't gone all operator with it so i am sure for an average joe its in my opinion hands down a far better choice then flip up sights due to not having a bunch of parallax issues. You see the tip of the triangle at all. Thats where its going. Just like a red dot. But unlike a red dot.

I think the square set screw style is better then the pic rail slot kind. It secures tight. And doesn't have stuff to snag.

I also use them as backups on rifles over the flip up style.

Photography Revolver Auto part Monochrome Black-and-white

Vehicle Auto part Car Army Military

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks. Until I learned of the M2, the Nite version was on my short list; however, I've used triangle (delta) reticles with other optics, and that is my preference.

I sure also would like to hear from someone who has used the M2 on a KSG for close/fast work with buck, and out to 50+ yards or so with slugs...
Per what I see on the SeeAll web sight, you can choose which reticle you want with each sight so you can have the Tritium and the Triangle. Back when I bought my Tritium version the T was the only option and the original SeeAll used the Triangle.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is the Nite version subject to wash out when sighting something outdoors in sunlight from a dark room?
Good question. I haven't tried that. I will give a shot in the next couple of days (sun willing) and report back.
Here is some follow up. I got a chance to try this today. The reticle I have (the T or cross-hair) does wash out some when looking out from a fairly dark internal room out into sunlight, but you can still see it "OK". I think the Triangle reticle would be easier to see in this situation as there is more dark area to provide contrast against the lighter/green background.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is some follow up. I got a chance to try this today. The reticle I have (the T or cross-hair) does wash out some when looking out from a fairly dark internal room out into sunlight, but you can still see it "OK". I think the Triangle reticle would be easier to see in this situation as there is more dark area to provide contrast against the lighter/green background.
That's very helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just picked up a set, definitely better then iron sights, the tritium version are <$150 vs the non tritium <$100. They are easy for acquisition even when I do not have my prescription glasses on, they work good in low light too. BTW, the white logo on the side is now black (got mine from Amazon). :rayof:
got them sighted in today, hands down these by far are better then iron sights, couple of ol guys said these are FN great. No mo iron for me

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, I just did a search and these things are hot the prices are getting gouged. I was pondering to get the tritium at the time and l thought $149 was high from Amazon, now it looks like no mo.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, I just did a search and these things are hot the prices are getting gouged. I was pondering to get the tritium at the time and l thought $149 was high from Amazon, now it looks like no mo.
So you don't have a tritium...then which one did you get, the original that attaches with set screws, or the M2 that attaches with a cross bolt?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The "SeeAll Open Sights" (w/set screws), they work fine indoors (7:30am type of daylight) and low light hallways. It is amazing how much the front green glow edge captures enough light to see the cross hair (or triangle like mine). Better then iron sights hands down.

For dark hours I use a laser (TLR-2), tritium doesn't work for me.

https://seeallopensight.com/product/see-all-open-sight/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.