Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been reading about the second gen Sig P250s when I saw a local (30 mi.) Gander Mt (of all places!) had a sale on the 9mm P250 subcompact for $349. Stainless and polymer, lifetime warranty, around 6lb DA trigger, 26oz, one 12 rd mag and high contrast sights (bigger dots than most). I bought it last Aug.& have put right at 1300rds through it (WWB & various jhps). It's been 100% with everything I've fed it. Trigger is comparable to my best K frame S&W, so accuracy is real good even for a mediocre shooter like me. It's very easy to transition back and forth with my KTs. ( Did a review on it last year here)

So a few weeks ago, another Add from Gander Mt. came and they had a 9mm P250 Compact/Long Slide for $399. It had the compact frame, 2 15rd mags, full size slide and barrel (4.7"), weighs 29 oz, 5.1" tall and Sig nite sights. They "hooked" me again. After 300 rds, all 100%, I love it. Never had night sights before. It, like the subcompact, is heavy enough to shoot +Ps with less recoil than lighter guns w/standard loads but not too heavy for carry. It even fits in the same leather IWB holster I use for the SC w/only about 1/4" sticking out the bottom. I'm "paper plate accurate" out to 25 yds with it now:eek: and even w/ the DA trigger, it shoots as fast as I can shoot with any accuracy. I thought the longer barrel might make for some interesting velocities and here's what I got this week:
Corbon 115+P DPX=1287fps/423fpe
Rem 124+P GS=1187fps/388fpe
Speer 124+P GD=1216fps/407fpe
Black Hills 124+P XTP=1266fps/441fpe

Many years of DA revolver shooting followed by a lot of KT shooting has finally made me realize that for serious purposes, I'm most comfortable with DA pistols. But I ain't getting rid of my SA revolvers, DA/SA autos or 1911s just yet.:) For you folks that like DA, they ain't bad guns for the prices.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The Compact doesn't look very "compact", but $399 with night sights makes for a good bedside weapon. Good to hear about their reliability.

How do the velocities compare between the Sigs?

G2S

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I probably would not have bought the subcompact if it hadn't been such a low price and without that good experience, I wouldn't have gotten the compact/LS. Here's a comparison with P11 and PF9. I think width is 1.1" on SC. I can actually carry it IWB wearing shorts/t shirt. Same rds out of subcompact:
DPX=1228fps/385fpe
Rem GS=1130fps/352fpe
Speer GD=1167fps/375fpe
Black Hills XTP=1175fps/380fpe

Attachments

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The subcompact at $349 is hard to pass over.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm a big Sig fan, too. But don't have a P250, yet. A friend of mine has one I really like the trigger. I've got most of the classic Sigs (except for the P220, P229) and I have to say that the P250 DA trigger is really smooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice, ldnn! I want a 45 compact next. Guess I could buy one of Sig's slide/barrel/grip housing/mag kits and just use the receiver on one of these to make one but the kits I've seen so far cost at least half of a new complete gun?:confused:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Congrats!!! I've looked at the sig 250 really hard!!! Wish i'd bought on of the 225s when they were around.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was really close to buying a P250SC, but went for the P11 instead, I'm able to carry it just a little easier.

I'll probably get a P250 in the future, but the wife gets a new pistol first.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was really close to buying a P250SC, but went for the P11 instead, I'm able to carry it just a little easier.

I'll probably get a P250 in the future, but the wife gets a new pistol first.
I understand:). I got a P11 about 7yrs before a P250SC. Paid about $100 less for P11, it weighs about 11oz less and can carry same number of rds. With the p250s extra wt., longer sight radius and trigger, I shoot it much better and at greater distances. Living in the country on a farm, sometimes being able to make a long shot is handy. Up close, not as much difference other than easy handling of +P loads.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I understand:). I got a P11 about 7yrs before a P250SC. Paid about $100 less for P11, it weighs about 11oz less and can carry same number of rds. With the p250s extra wt., longer sight radius and trigger, I shoot it much better and at greater distances. Living in the country on a farm, sometimes being able to make a long shot is handy. Up close, not as much difference other than easy handling of +P loads.
Love my 250 in subcompact - have the .40 and .357 barrel. No it is not as compact as my p40, but I got the 13 round mag with the rubber spacer and it conceals fine when wearing a suit or jacket. Shoots great, Sig night sights are outstanding and the trigger is like butter. I got the subcompact with the Siglight night sights, two 10 round mags, a 13 round mag with spacer, a fobus holster and BOTH barrels, new, for $500 (the Sig .357 barrel alone is $200 from Sig). Love it - it is Sig quality even though the firing system veers from their usual configuration on other models.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, I'm even getting away with carrying it IWB with shorts and T shirt this summer. I really like the easy transition from the P250 to my KTs. I can practice with the Sigs and it seems to help me shoot the KTs better and I can shoot the Sigs all I want.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts