Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Probably have 300 rounds through my new Subby. Not 1 malfunction. I`m really liking this gun. Using open sights with my cataract eyes, no problem hitting center of torso target at 25, and no trouble hitting a steel 12" gong at 50 yards. Have done rapid fire a few time with the 33 round Glock mags.
Because of my eye sight, I may add a red dot or reflex sight at a later date, for longer range shooting.
I don`t understand why some say they would not use the Keltec Sub 2000 for SD. Mine has been flawless.
Have been shooting Federal 115 FMJ and Sellior & Bellot 115 FMJ.
To say I like this carbine is an understatement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree completely with you. My Sub2K has also run great and not one issue with it. I added a TruGlo Tru-Brite Dual Color Multi Reticle Red Dot Sight to it and that really helped a lot. My eye sight is not what it once was either and this sight really does help improve things. I can get a 5 shot, 2 inch grouping at 50 yards no problem with it and that makes me Very Happy! :rayof:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree completely with you. My Sub2K has also run great and not one issue with it. I added a TruGlo Tru-Brite Dual Color Multi Reticle Red Dot Sight to it and that really helped a lot. My eye sight is not what it once was either and this sight really does help improve things. I can get a 5 shot, 2 inch grouping at 50 yards no problem with it and that makes me Very Happy! :rayof:
Are you using a quick detach mount for your red dot sight. If so, which one, and do you like it?. Also, did you have to use a riser to clear your open sights?.

·
Registered
23 Posts
boo: I had to add a 1/2" quick detach riser so I could clear the sights. It is a UTG riser and it works really well. Returns to zero each time I remove and reattach it. Using the riser also helps get my cheek up and off of the tube so it is a lot more comfortable to shoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.