Search feature

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by itsacjthing, May 8, 2005.

1. itsacjthing

itsacjthing New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Ok-I've got to say-as embarassing as it is...I don't know how to use the search properly. I searched for posts on how to post photos, I typed "posting photos", for 365 days-and got nothing that would help. Can some one give me an example of what I should've typed to find info on this example so I know how to word my next search criteria?

2. A1A

A1A New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    FL
    Well, the search feature might not be the best approach in this case. The key to searching is picking the right targets (same like shooting ;) ) and indeed "posting" and "photos" don't turn up much help. I recalled that this has been asked before under this topic, so I scrolled down a page and found this http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=501;action=display;num=1106152074
    Also, the help feature does have a "posting" topic which shows syntax for images (IMG). The main thing is that the pic has to be on some website (url). Some, like me, use free sites like photobucket.com. Another way to figure it out would be to right click on an already posted pic and click on "properties". This shows where the image file is resident, and you can see thay are all stored somewhere else, so to speak. Have fun and don't show us the wrong picture ;D

Oh, and the picture should be prepared to a resolution for web or email so it is not a huge file. Check this on some existing posted pics using the properties info also. :)

3. randomguy

randomguy New Member

Jan 29, 2005
    The downside to informal boards like this is that there are a lot of abbreviations, slang, and typos. Try a bunch of varients in your search. In this case, the key was searching for the word 'pic' rather than 'picture.' It is aggravating occasionally. If all else fails, do what you did and ask. SOMEONE usually has an answer. ;D

4. itsacjthing

itsacjthing New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Thankyou gentlemen. I have not had much luck using the search before. Thanks for your suggestions.(Now if I can figure out Photobucket...)