Search and Quotes

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by itsacjthing, Dec 11, 2004.

1. itsacjthing

itsacjthing New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I guess I have to ask(guys don't like to ask how to do something). I'm having a time figuring out how to use the search. Can someone give me an example and hopefully I can take it from there?
    Also I've not figured out how to quote something said in a post, same thing, can you give instructions?
    P.S. Don't let anyone else see this! LOL

2. ddmau

ddmau New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Ok... I'll bite...
    To Search, you have to be logged in and look at the bottom of the "KTOG" banner (The one with the P11 as the "T") near the top of the page.....you should have a horizontal bar with:
    Home , Help, Search ,etc.......click and go.

To quote, either use the "Quote" button at the top right of each message, or, use the HTML tags for quote :

[quote ] cut and paste text here [/quote ]

(leave the space out after the "quote" before the "]" , I had to put them in so it would show up correctly)

Have fun.. 8)

3. A1A

A1A Active Member

Sep 7, 2004
    FL
    The Help function, although not providing step by step, contains the syntax for all those features under "Posting". :)

4. itsacjthing

itsacjthing New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Thanks for the guidance guys. I have used the search at the top of the page before but I guess I'm not using the correct words or combination of words to find what I'm looking for.
    I had forgotten about the qoute on each post, I was trying to insert a qoute after clicking on reply and was getting confused.
    I'd like a book for the computer illiterate!
    Thanks again-Have a Merry Christmas!! ;D

5. A1A

A1A Active Member

Sep 7, 2004
    FL
    What may not be immediately obvious about the search is that with the default settings, it only searches back 7 days. Try 30 or 60 and you'll be amazed at how time flies. ;D

6. Mod_Man

Mod_Man New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Man I miss the old board....