Scrolling signature line

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by peaceful99, Feb 7, 2008.

1. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Is it only me or does anyone else find the scrolling signature line(for large signatures) annoying? I use the mouse scroll wheel and it gets hung up in the signature line when I'm trying to scroll up or down the page. Not trying to create a big ruckus here, only providing feedback. :-/

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Give me an example (scrolling sig line)...  user name, link, etc.

I know that folks with dial-up connections have issues with animated avatars and such slowing the page loads.

3. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Well, TxCajun, on my screen, your signature is a prime example. The signature line appears in a frame with a scroll bar on the right hand side. The bar can be picked up with the mouse and the signature frame will scroll from top to bottom showing the text and images contained within. When the cursor hovers above the frame and I'm using the mouse scroll wheel, the frame will scroll accordingly.

If I place the cursor off to the right or left of the signatture frame box, the page scrolls normally because the cursor does not float above the signature frame. I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to explain. It's easy to show, but hard to explain in written words, cause I can't wave my hands to show what's happening. :D

I have a DSL connection, so I don't think connection speed is the issue. This behavior only started with the recent BBS software upgrade a couple of months ago. If it's just me, I'll live with it.

4. mark5019

mark5019 New Member

Jan 14, 2008
    i dont see any scrolling fire fox browser

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Tx's scrolls for me in IE7 - If I have the cursor where it will get into the signature line. If I keep my curser at the left side of the page I can keep the whole page scrolling without getting caught up in Txextra large signature boxes.

-Scott

6. mark5019

mark5019 New Member

Jan 14, 2008
    i dont see it with iw 7 either i guess thats good:)

7. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    It may have something to do with how you have your screen resolution set also.  People with BIG screens may not have the scroll bar.  I do and I have a 19" screen set at 1280 x 1024. And I'm on IE7.

:D

8. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    I get the scroll bar effect in both IE7 and Firefox.

mark5019, it's not scrolling like a marquee with words scrolling across the page. Its like scrolling up or down the page when you move the scroll bar on the side of the window with the mouse if you have long pages.

9. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    That's pretty much consistent with what I said in my second post in this thread.
    Glad I'm not totally nuts, only partly nuts. :p

10. mark5019

mark5019 New Member

Jan 14, 2008
    i sss no movement what so ever ?

11. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I don't see any scrolling on anyone's sig line pics, including my own.  That may be because I have a 22 inch monitor.  The pics I have there have 157x150 and 320x240.  Would shrinking the larger one take care of the issue?

Done!  Did that help?

12. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Nope.  Still there.  But I just work around it.  Your sig line actually shows up like a mini window, with a scroll bar on the right side.  All that's initially visible is that pistol that so obviously got you riled, and I have to scroll down to see your duo of P3's.

;)

13. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    worked here,thanks

14. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Helped a little, my monitor is 17 inches. Guess it's dependent on monitor size, I'll just work around it.

It's not just your sig line, Tx, I see it on some others too. Not a big deal.

15. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I guess it is a feature of yabb2.  When a pic is to large, it inserts the scoll window.  I had the 2 pics stacked so I guess that brought up the scoll window.  I tried but could not get them to run side by side.  I don't have photoshop to merge the 2 pics.  The other day, w/o asking, doubloon was kind enough to send me the merged pic of my old Come and Take It pic with the No LPC pic.  Perhaps that was a hint.  Anyway, I switched to that.  How's that working?

16. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Works for me. Problem gone. :)

I didn't mean for you to change your sig line, though. Use whatever you like. :cool:

Thanks for looking into it.

17. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
  18. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I can't believe people are picking on TC about his scrolling signature :-/

Next thing you know people will be putting links and all kinds of garbage in their signatures ... ::) :-X

;D ;D ;D