Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[rant] Is it just me or is anyone else tired of having I-Pod, I-Pad, I-Phone, I-Crap crammed down their throats.

For example...
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forum Runner
Thank goodness we don't have to see at the bottom of every post, "Sent from an HP Pavillion, Dell Inspiron, Toshiba, etc...

I dunno, maybe that's a Forum Runner thing and not an I-phone thing, but I see the same "sent from an I-phone" junk everywhere from FB posts to text messages. Do they have to impose their advertising SPAM on rest of the world at every concievable opportunity, just because they can? :mad:

I've been using a Blackberry for the past couple years. First off, I don't often surf the internet on a phone and don't really care to. Occassionally, I need to look something up when away from a computer and that is fine. I was considering going to the I-phone 5 this summer, but crap like Apple's proprietary control of their product use and their in-your-face SPAMing techniques like this really put me off. In spite of their apparent usefulness, I have on principle, thus far managed to boycott their products. [/rant]

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Yup... It's part of Forum Runner's auto-generated Sig-Line. Depending on the App, there may be a way of turning it off, but then the (techie) user wouldn't be able to passive-progressively brag that they're posting while they should be concentrating on driving/working/walking/[fill-n-the-blank]. :D

Even the KTOG Forum App for iPhone and Android does it.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Seeing if the forum app does it

Sent from my DROID2 using Keltec Forum

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I was wondering if that was something that could be turned off. It is a bit annoying.

Sent from my laptop, on my kitchen table, while I should be mowing.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
... But you CAN turn it off.
(also sent using the Forum App)

:D

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
.Sent from my laptop, on my kitchen table, while I should be mowing.
I like that much better. At least it has an element of humor. :D

Screw Apple anyway. :p

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Not just an Apple thing. Unfortunately, most users of I-Phones or Android phones to text to forums are not going to bother (if they even know or care) about turning off this annoying bit spam.

Jim R

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm... It is annoying. Maybe not turning it off should be a banning offense. :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Well Dale, your own sig line says "zero SPAM"...this stuff kinda shoots that all to heck.

I wonder if there is something in KTOG's software that could block it automatically?

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I was wondering if it'd be mentioned. ;)
It's not like one can't tell if someone is posting from a phone...
ie: little to no caps minimal punctuation if any etc :D

Heck... Since it's a Privately Owned forum, the 'Elders' could decide to ask members to deactivate their Forum App Sig Lines... It's simply a flip of a radio button.

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Dale, your own sig line says "zero SPAM"...this stuff kinda shoots that all to heck.
Yea, that's in reference to me personally, as I'm not here to sell anything, and maybe a poke at people selling stuff in their sig lines. ;)

I wonder if there is something in KTOG's software that could block it automatically?
I dunno, but I doubt it. :(

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Checking in from my phone using the KTOG app while my wife shops. Lets see if anything gets added. I have the "sent from my iPhone" stuff turned off.

My iPhone is provided by work. I pretty much like it, though its a stretch to claim I'm an Apple fan.

Last word typed by me.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Looks like nothing was added. At least not from my view.

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope. No Apple SPAM.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Nope, looks good. So it can be shut off.

Still haven't mowed, wife giving me a cross look.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Totally agree, I'm sick to death of iPods, iPads, iPhones, ... iDon'tcare! Sure, they may have some interesting/innovative features on their products, but they're not the be-all-end-all of electronics. Apple has pretty much become the Glock or Kimber of electronics lately, and their fanboys are just as equally snobbish - never mind that there's a slew of other companies with products equally effective if not better, if it's not THEIR brand of choice, then it MUST be crap. Every time I see a friggin' Apple logo I get about as annoyed as every tool that feels the need to slap a Glock logo on everything they own, as well as wearing Glock apparel; you like a product, fine, we get it, but going from simply liking a product to just rubbing endorsements of it in everyone's face at every given opportunity is just a little much. Also pretty sick of all the Steve Jobs worship over the past few years, especially when he passed away, like was some kind of immortal demi-god and they couldn't fathom the idea that he was vulnerable to the same illnesses that befall common mortals. CANCER -- Maybe Steve Jobs should've made an app for that...? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Anyway, I hate touch screen devices in general because I can never get the freakin' things to do what I want (maybe I just have fat fingers?), so the iPhone has never been desirable to me for that reason alone. The overinflated price, the brand fanboy snobbery, the constant product spamming everywhere I look, the mandatory use of AT&T's network (until recently), the requirement of paying a higher bill for stupid 4G access, all the built-in spyware, and the short battery life of those things have all pretty much ensured that I will never voluntarily purchase one of those ridiculous things. To me, the whole idea behind having a cell phone is that IT'S A PHONE FOR MAKING AND RECEIVING PHONE CALLS (not an easy task with AT&T's network, at least in/around Phoenix), so all the added-on garbage is just unnecessary fluff. If I need to check or send e-mail, shop online, look up stuff, watch videos, play Angry Birds, etc. then I have an "app" for that - it's called a friggin' desktop PC!

·
Registered
250 Posts
[rant] Is it just me or is anyone else tired of having I-Pod, I-Pad, I-Phone, I-Crap crammed down their throats.

For example...

Thank goodness we don't have to see at the bottom of every post, "Sent from an HP Pavillion, Dell Inspiron, Toshiba, etc...

I dunno, maybe that's a Forum Runner thing and not an I-phone thing, but I see the same "sent from an I-phone" junk everywhere from FB posts to text messages. Do they have to impose their advertising SPAM on rest of the world at every concievable opportunity, just because they can? :mad:

I've been using a Blackberry for the past couple years. First off, I don't often surf the internet on a phone and don't really care to. Occassionally, I need to look something up when away from a computer and that is fine. I was considering going to the I-phone 5 this summer, but crap like Apple's proprietary control of their product use and their in-your-face SPAMing techniques like this really put me off. In spite of their apparent usefulness, I have on principle, thus far managed to boycott their products. [/rant]
Although that "sent with" line is unnecessary, you can see it from non-Apple products as well.

I for one, am a Apple user, I have several of their devices. However, I do not bash Windows or Linux, etc. products or people that use them. Just like Kel-Tec products, some folks appreciate them as I do.

Break down, go ahead and get an iPhone, I predict you will NOT regret it.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I am getting my wife an I ron for mother's day.

Life is short, be happy
Jack

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Apple's influence has even spread to the Middle East where you can now find iRaq and iRan apps. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts