Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Score!!  Good day for me.

927 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Mohave-Tec 
#1 ·
Score!!  Good day for me.

Called the Richard's Sporting Goods (system won't let me say D**k's) by my wife's office planning to hear them say they are out of .380 FMJ, but instead heard this:

Me: Do you have any .380 ammo?

D**k's Dude: "We have some kind of, um, Hornady hollowpoints...uh...

Me: Does the box say Critical Defense?

DD: Yep!

Me: See you in five minutes.

Bought 2 boxes @ 24.99 each...I left 3 boxes on the shelf for the next guy, even though I could have made a fortune on Gun Broker. (Dang my conscience)  This is very much out of the norm for my Wylie Coyote luck.  Gone to buy a Mega Millions ticket  ;D.

D**k's on Dallas Parkway by the Galleria

#3 ·
Re: Score!!  Good day for me.

i call my local d**k's each tue to check on ammo. they never have any. they say the truck did not have any on it. when they get in some 22lr it is the lowest price around, but you got to get there fast. they never get any 380 acp ammo in. i got their last two boxes six weeks ago. paid $16.99 each box. theymust have a worker that is getting it all.

#4 ·
#5 ·

My local pistol range I use has 30 boxs of HCD I picked up 3 boxs and left the rest for others. If we stop harding and paying F heads that are trying to ripp us off things should die down soon the more idiots that pay 45+ bucks for plinking ammo or even defense rounds are just protracting the run on ammo!

Live Long Die Hard!

P.S. last night when I checked cabelas had winchester 380 ammo with only a 1-2 week backorder at the time!
Plan ahead all!

#8 ·

I have to agree that we need to stop paying the high prices. I guess I always thought gunners stayed together. Its hard enough to fight for the right to own. Now the industry is taking advantage. I believe everyone should make a profit. But, this is price gouging.

#9 ·

wd40 said:
Gunbroker has .380 Blazer Brass auction that with an hour left is $393 for 500 rounds then $20 shipping!!!

I think that makes it $.83 a round!

You did OK Nate... :cool:
Jeeez. I just (20 minutes ago) paid $12.47 per 50 round box of Blazer Brass at Wal-Mart. That was FMJ 40 caliber mind you though. I have all the 380 I will ever use including 100 rounds of Critical Defense 380.
Check Wally World if you need plinking 40 cal. They had 50 boxes and the cheapest I've ever paid for 40 Caliber.

#10 ·

Loganspawn said:
My local pistol range I use has 30 boxs of HCD I picked up 3 boxs and left the rest for others. If we stop harding and paying F heads that are trying to ripp us off things should die down soon the more idiots that pay 45+ bucks for plinking ammo or even defense rounds are just protracting the run on ammo!

Live Long Die Hard!  

P.S. last night when I checked cabelas had winchester 380 ammo with only a 1-2 week backorder at the time!
Plan ahead all!
That 0-1 week backorder time is perpetual. LOL. I did buy 250 rounds of Golden Sabre on Cabelas a couple weeks ago tho. Last 36 hours on the web site.

#11 ·

Yeh I know. Sometimes they ship right away and others its weeks. The ship date they gave from my last order was 3 weeks but they have said that before and I had them in a week. Never know. I would rather wait and get more bang for my buck. Just keep ordering every month for normal shooting. It seams to work out for me.

#13 ·

My local "Richard's" was out of Critical Defense, but Bass Pro had plenty of Golden Saber in every caliber including .380. And I had a gift card floating around in my wallet to boot! :)

Earlier in the day I was contemplating backordering some GS from Cabela's, because their website only showed it being 1-2 weeks out. I wonder if this means that Remington has finally gotten their hands on some illegal imported child labor to get stuff moving a little faster.

#14 ·

All Remington 380 has been showing up at Cabelas every two weeks or so for a day or so. Just keep your eyes open for it.
I have come to find that the "3 to 4 weeks" or "1 to 2 weeks" or "0 to 1 weeks" on Cabelas web site means absolutely nothing. I've got 25 gun related items in a Wish List on their web site just to watch how things are moving along and I check it twice a day. The figures Cabelas uses for back-orders are nothing more then guesses with a 15% degree of landing inside one of those 2 week windows. Still, things do pop up. That Golden Saber feeds very well in out little guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.