Scope?

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by gatorglenn, Jul 25, 2009.

1. gatorglenn

gatorglenn New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Hi,

I am curious if any of you have added a scope to your SU-22? I am considering doing that but I don't know what to get if I do. What scope do you use if you have one? I mostly want a scope to use for shooting on the range and maybe a varmit or two but I don't want to spend a lot on it.

Thanks,
    Glenn

2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    any 3-9x32 or 3-9x40 would work. I use the wal mart 40.00 centerpoint, model ar-22

3. buzzsaw

buzzsaw Grand Poobah Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Georgia
  4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    ask Burley about the accuracy of the centerpoint scopes....you may laugh, the 4-16x40 AO they have at wal mart is on my Remington 700 he was picking clays off a bowling pin with.

THey make nice glass. Inexpensive and nice. and it won't break the bank if there is a problem. my GSG my SU-22 and my 10-22 project I started all have them on it....

5. gatorglenn

gatorglenn New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Thanks for the info. This seems just what I am looking for.

Glenn

6. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I almost bought one of the Centerpoints from WM, but then decided to use a Bushnell I had laying around instead of spending more money right now.
    [​IMG]

7. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Those scopes look nice, but I wanted something smaller and lighter for this small and light packable survival .22 rifle, so I chose a TruGlo 4X32 scope. It comes with 3/8" dovetail rings that don't fit the Picatinny rail on the SU-22, but some light aluminum 1" rings work well.  For added flexibility, get the Leupold quick release rings, but then you'd have almost as much in the rings as you do the scope. Midway isn't the cheapest online source, but you can read my review on that site, including a warning about the edge distortion, that I was willing to accept to get such a short scope.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=924813

[​IMG]

More info here:
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1218851532/45#50

8. JKMprof

JKMprof New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I agree these are nice for the price.... Simmons also make a scope in the price range that I have on a 10/22 with over 3000 rds thrugh it still spot on/ Actually even my Tasco pronghorn has held up really well... Ive no problem with cheap scopes on .22 plinkers.

9. U.S.Patriot

U.S.Patriot Guest

I have a BSA 40mm red dot. Just got it sighted in today at 25 yards. Scope was only $50.