SCE=Snap Cap Exchange

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by bamf_shadow, Dec 3, 2009.

1. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    Was going to post this in accessories, but figured it might be considered "commerce". Admin, move if you feel you need to.

So I was sitting on the can looking at a gun catalog and it hit me!  :eek: Dang snap caps are pricey, I don't use them much, and they come 5-6 to a package (in most calibers). I am sure that they eventually wear out, but come on. How many of these suckers are you really going to go thru? So how about setting up a free Snap Cap Exchange? That way you can get one for one in the calibers that you need without spending the $ to buy a half dozen at a time.

I will start. All I have are Azoom 9mm, 3 of them can go to a new home. They will be brand new.
    EDIT:I need: .45 ACP, .22LR, 12ga, 20ga, .30-06, .223/5.56, .40 S&W

I guess just post what you have/need and PM offers. Please update/modify your post to reflect any trades done so this doesn't get all cluttered and confusing.

2. I don't need any you have listed-  but I will send you a .45acp.  I already have your mailing info!  ;)

[highlight]The first one that sees this and has a .223/5.56 snap cap ---Let me know and I will swap one your 223's for one of mine.[/highlight]

I have :
    .25- .32- .38 - .380 - 9mm - .40 -.44 and .45
    Most of mine are the aluminum A-Zooms, but some are the plastic Tradition brand.

As for .22lr-  I keep a hand full of fired cases with my snap caps.  I just use a once fired case and try to watch and make sure the fp will not strike the spot already hit.

In case you are curious-  I just have a serious issue with dry firing a gun.  Maybe a birth defect- I dunno.  I just don't feel comfortable doing it.  After I detail strip a gun, I want to make sure it functions properly when I put it back together, so I am always running a handful through the mag after putting one back together.

3. TigerTiger

TigerTiger New Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Hi

I would like to trade three (used once) 32 cal or three 357 cal snap caps for three 45 cal snap caps.

Joe

4. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    Looks like a pretty good idea...

Maybe we can also do a bullet exchange for us reloaders ?

I have all sorts of bullets, but need some 70gr + .22 cal and 40g+ 20 cal

Bert

5. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    I have some in .380 ACP and your .40 S&W (both A-Zoom).  PM me your info.  I'll try to get one in the mail to you after New Years.  I really won't have time to get one out til then though. I would accept one of your 9mm in exchange.

6. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    3wbdriver, forgot to remove the .40 from my need list, but I will send you a 9mm if you need it.

7. Sumbrada77

Sumbrada77 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Snap Cap exchange, cool idea! I have 2 9mm AZoom (not new have been cycled thru a PF-9 a few times but fine)
    and 1 12G AZoom (has been cycled only twice). I would like trade for 40SW and 45ACP. This could be a sticky in the
    Trading Post! Thanks!

8. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    PM sent.

9. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    If the 12ga hasn't been taken, I would sure like to get my hands on it! Oh, miss read your post, thought you were looking for a 9mm or two. Sorry, don't have anything I can offer you at this point.