Santa Barbara Ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rford1, Apr 15, 2009.

1. rford1

rford1 New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Hello,

Been a long time away from KTOG. Several years.

I used to buy Santa Barbara .380 ammo by mail from a place in Ohio. Ohio Gun I believe but I can't seem to locte their web site. Does anyone have a link?

Also heard there's lots of ammo shortages for handguns. I havent bought in a while. Is this true and if so....why?

2. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    if you find any santa barbara 380 ammo let me know. i been looking for some for about two years. no body has any. at one time southern ohio guns (sog) had it. but no longer. not even at gun shows. good luck.

3. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Hey man, long time no see! Welcome back bro.

Southern Ohio Gun used to carry it, but they are long sold out. Check out the new Buffalo Bore stuff - even hotter, and better quality IMO.

4. kitsap_charly

kitsap_charly New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    I have some Santa Barbara left from a case I bought when it was around. Always thought it was good stuff in a KT and never had a failure of any kind but it won't feed worth a hoot through a Bersa...major constipation...probably true of many guns with that flat nose. Today I use Double Tap FMJ for carry and regard the SB as something to use on the range.
    Read where a reloader with a chronograph was testing SB and found the velocity varied far more than usually acceptable levels from shot to shot. Looks like the powder load wasn't too well measured was the guess. At any rate, I'll just shoot it up as range ammo. Take a look at Double Tap's web site. They make very appealing stuff. 380 gives 200 pounds at the muzzle from a KT, believe something like 250 from a Bersa. This is NOT +P. Low muzzle flash so it doesn't blind you to shoot in low light. Very good stuff. No more recoil than SB. I also carry their stuff in my 45 for similar reasons.

5. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas