Santa Barbara Ammo Anyone?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by BorisTheBlade, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Hello everyone,

While browsing through GunBroker.com I located a 2000 round case of Santa Barbara. I still have some of mine left and I love the stuff. To me it shoots like a 9mm round out of the P3AT. Anyways I remembered that these rounds were popular back on the board a few years ago. Here is the link:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87771473

Ben

2. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Thanks for the tip. I like that stuff too.

I still have some left that I use for my non-expanding defensive round. I shoot the SB in my carry mags at each range session to prove function. I'll soon run out. After that I'll probably go to DoubleTap FMJ which is similar in power, but more consistent - but also more expensive.

Bobo

3. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I like it, I shoot it and I remember paying only 9¢ per round delivered to my front door.

Wilson – who’s not surprised the seller didn’t get any bids with his terms and at more than double the price :D

4. No problem Bobo, I also use this as my carry round since I bought it years ago. Wilson have you found any other places that have it for sale?

5. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Nope! I’m down to a few hundred rounds and starting to use it sparingly.

Wilson – who’s wondering why those Spaniards don’t dump some more of that old ammo on the US market ::)

6. Gee The listing is for 380 Ammo.. But he is selling 9mm if you look at all the photos. :p

7. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Spanish 9mm (CORTO) = 9mm short = US .380 ammo

Wilson – who’s not a linguist but has shot that 9mm corto in his P-3ATs ;)

8. Spanish 9mm (CORTO) = 9mm short = US .380 ammo

Wilson – who’s not a linguist but has shot that 9mm corto in his P-3ATs  ;)
    [/quote]

224LPS who is not as smart as Wilson...........

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Hey Boris, is that you, the old BTB?
    If so, good to see you back around. :cool:

10. Hey Tx, that would be me from a few years ago. Glad to be back.

Ben

11. Ohio_Rusty

Ohio_Rusty New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    I've read about this ammo but have never had the opportunity to acquie some to try. I do have a half box of WinClean ammo. Since the round in the WinClean is completely encased in a jacket, I was thinking of removing the flat face of the jacket on the belt sander exposing the lead core to imitate the Santa barbara ammo. It may expand surprisingly well. It may not feed well though ..... never know until I try a few ....
    Ohio Rusty

12. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I don't think I'd do that. YMMV... :-/