Santa Barbara .380

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Nu_Agin_Shooter, Jan 8, 2008.

1. [highlight]What would you consider a fair price delivered on a per 25 round box?[/highlight]

Is this the hot Santa Barbara I have heard so much about?

[​IMG]

And would you be willing to buy at least one box from a KTOGER?

I am thinking of buying a case of this, but would never shoot 2000 rounds.  [highlight] EDIT TO ADD: I HAVE NONE OF THIS AMMO FOR SELL. I am trying to see if we can form a large enough group to buy a case. [/highlight]

I was thinking if enough support here, I could buy the case and then sell it off here.

TX and JFB... This is specific to the 380, and I am not trying to sell it at this point, so I put it in the 3AT thread.  If you need to move it to the trading post, ok.  But I am really just trying to see if there is an interest or not.  More like trying to form a buyers club.

2. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I might be interested if the price is fair. However, I have no idea what this stuff goes for.

Reggie

3. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    I would buy a few from you. Tell me what you want and where to send the money order. I have been searching for some for a long time.

4. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i am in 200 rounds for a good price

5. I need for you guys to tell me what you think the fair price is.

It seems that shipping ammo is what, $10-15 bucks?

My last Midway order had one 50 round box of .38 Cal. Shipping and handling was $9.64.

Another order of 500 rounds of .40 cal ....S&H was $12.48

ANother Midway had 2 boxes of carbon... S&H was $9.12

I have ordered a case of mil surp before, and shipping on it was almost $20.

If the ammo is less than $5 bucks a box, you see my problem.

Who knows what it cost to ship ammo person to person?

Maybe a good approach would be to let the buyer send me a pre-paid UPS call tag with the funds!

6. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    see how much is the ammo without shipping and put the price up here and i agree to pay shipping if it is a good price.
    how much do you think you can sell a box(25 rounds) ups ground is not expensive

7. I may be able to sell them as cheap as $6 per 25 round box PLUS shipping.

Paul... you say ups ground not expensive, and expensive is a realtive term.

Some here scream at $5 for 10 SUPER DUPER ENHANCED POLYMER NYLON ENRICHED 3AT Shock Buffers! ;D

8. Can any one confirm that the picture shows the Santa Barbra that is talked about here so much?

9. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    so if i buy 200 rounds 8 boxes ammo price-46$ shipping 10-15 $ that is a good price for me
    i want 300 rounds now. it will be enough for a year for my little p-3at

10. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    where do i send the MO?

11. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Id be in for 200-300 rounds at that price.

-Matt

12. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i think shipping for 300 rounds is around 20$ anybody has a scale? you just need the weight and the zip code

13. Nu Agin Shooter,

That would be the Santa Barbara ammo that we all talk about. I love the stuff and have thought about that auction on gunbroker too. It is great stuff to shoot in the P3AT.

14. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i am in the club to. i am always looking for cheap ways to go to the range

15. snyderk2

snyderk2 New Member

Nov 10, 2006
    I have never shot this Ammo, but I would like to try some in my P3AT.
    I am willing to purchase 25 rounds.

16. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    That's not range ammo. It's deep penetrating FMJ, and it's hot enough that I personally am probably going to steer away from it. But your mileage may vary greatly. An awful lot of people here think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. :)

17. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Nu_Agin_Shooter,

First, yes that's the right ammo.

Second - price... Here's how I see it:
    The closest FMJ that's is readily available and similar in power is Double Tap.
    http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_62&products_id=235
    Their price is $25.95 for 50 (or $12.98 for 25) not including shipping.

If your price beats theirs you'd have good deal! :D

As for myself... I really like the stuff, but I still have some and I just stocked up on range ammo this week and won't be spending any money on ammo for awhile - sorry. :'(

Bobo

18. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    N_A_S --

With the reputation this stuff has, I don't think you'll have a tough time getting rid of it. Just let us know where to send the funds, and the amount you come up with.

-Matt

19. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    What I would like to know is: has anyone who's been using the SB experienced any difficulties as a result? How many rounds have you put through?

I have a bit of doubt about wanting to put enough rounds through to really prove its reliability. And if I'm reluctant to put enough rounds through to prove its reliability, that's not a good thing.

Under the right conditions I might actually be interested, I just have little knowledge and no experience of the stuff.

20. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    I'm undecided about shooting this round, but might go for 100 rounds in this price range if shipping is reasonable (e.g. $10). :-/

Don't want to mess up my P3AT. Splitting up and shipping a case sounds like a real PITA.