Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[highlight]What would you consider a fair price delivered on a per 25 round box?[/highlight]

Is this the hot Santa Barbara I have heard so much about?

And would you be willing to buy at least one box from a KTOGER?

I am thinking of buying a case of this, but would never shoot 2000 rounds.  [highlight] EDIT TO ADD: I HAVE NONE OF THIS AMMO FOR SELL. I am trying to see if we can form a large enough group to buy a case. [/highlight]

I was thinking if enough support here, I could buy the case and then sell it off here.

TX and JFB... This is specific to the 380, and I am not trying to sell it at this point, so I put it in the 3AT thread.  If you need to move it to the trading post, ok.  But I am really just trying to see if there is an interest or not.  More like trying to form a buyers club.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need for you guys to tell me what you think the fair price is.

It seems that shipping ammo is what, $10-15 bucks?

My last Midway order had one 50 round box of .38 Cal. Shipping and handling was $9.64.

Another order of 500 rounds of .40 cal ....S&H was $12.48

ANother Midway had 2 boxes of carbon... S&H was $9.12

I have ordered a case of mil surp before, and shipping on it was almost $20.

If the ammo is less than $5 bucks a box, you see my problem.

Who knows what it cost to ship ammo person to person?

Maybe a good approach would be to let the buyer send me a pre-paid UPS call tag with the funds!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may be able to sell them as cheap as $6 per 25 round box PLUS shipping.

Paul... you say ups ground not expensive, and expensive is a realtive term.

Some here scream at $5 for 10 SUPER DUPER ENHANCED POLYMER NYLON ENRICHED 3AT Shock Buffers! ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can any one confirm that the picture shows the Santa Barbra that is talked about here so much?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nu Agin Shooter,

That would be the Santa Barbara ammo that we all talk about. I love the stuff and have thought about that auction on gunbroker too. It is great stuff to shoot in the P3AT.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i am in the club to. i am always looking for cheap ways to go to the range
That's not range ammo. It's deep penetrating FMJ, and it's hot enough that I personally am probably going to steer away from it. But your mileage may vary greatly. An awful lot of people here think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. :)

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Nu_Agin_Shooter,

First, yes that's the right ammo.

Second - price... Here's how I see it:
The closest FMJ that's is readily available and similar in power is Double Tap.
http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_62&products_id=235
Their price is $25.95 for 50 (or $12.98 for 25) not including shipping.

If your price beats theirs you'd have good deal! :D

As for myself... I really like the stuff, but I still have some and I just stocked up on range ammo this week and won't be spending any money on ammo for awhile - sorry. :'(

Bobo

·
Registered
140 Posts
What I would like to know is: has anyone who's been using the SB experienced any difficulties as a result? How many rounds have you put through?

I have a bit of doubt about wanting to put enough rounds through to really prove its reliability. And if I'm reluctant to put enough rounds through to prove its reliability, that's not a good thing.

Under the right conditions I might actually be interested, I just have little knowledge and no experience of the stuff.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
I may be able to sell them as cheap as $6 per 25 round box PLUS shipping.
I'm undecided about shooting this round, but might go for 100 rounds in this price range if shipping is reasonable (e.g. $10). :-/

Don't want to mess up my P3AT. Splitting up and shipping a case sounds like a real PITA.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.