Sad day at the gun shop

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by toddmog, Oct 11, 2007.

1. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I stopped in my local shop today...the one where I just bought my HC p3at a couple of weeks ago. And what do I see...another HC p3at but this one had the navy grips, and it was $10 cheaper than what I paid a few weeks ago. The sad part is that it had to stay in the case and not come home with me.

I probably would have bought it, but my wife wants a new Ruger P95. I can't argue with that...but I do wish I could talk her into the navy p3at.

2. evi1joe

evi1joe New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Odd--I want a HC with black grips, but all I saw at the gunshow were HCs with navy grips.

Yeah, it's WEIRD how much I want another P3AT even though I don't really need two.  A lot of people on this site seem to have the same freakish compulsion (and then there's Wilson who takes it even further!).  I think it's because we all sense the actual value of a gun that works this well for this cheap (not that everyone has had great experiences--but kel-tec WILL make it right until you can shoot enough rounds to be confident that it will work if you need it to shoot another 6-13 to save your life).

I want to send mine off to get nickel-plated (since I live in FL) by Jack F., but at the same time I think, what will I do for those weeks it's away?  I don't want to go back to just my pocket-knife or carting around my PM9 (which really isn't much bigger/heavier, I'm just spoiled by the P3AT).  I can feel myself convincing myself to get a parkerized or hard-chromed P3AT...I READ the thread on "Convince me I need two P3ATs" like 5 times even though I can't justify it (it's cheap, but it's still half my week's salary--I'm a teacher and, no, I don't carry it to school...though I can't say I haven't thought about it).

3. Yeah it is weird to want only two.... ;D

[​IMG]

4. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    The gun store I went to earlier had a navy blue/HC P3AT priced at $377. If it had been under $300 I probably would have bought it. Oh well.

5. WOW...that seems more than way to high! I saw a gray H/C one this weekend at the local shop for $295.00.