Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little over 2 decades & the Subbie is finially breaking into the LE market.
I had a .40 Sub for many years. Sold it, but have wanted another ever since. Not so sure carrying it folded would be sound tactics, but dang sure better than a "Gun Free Zone" sign. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
10,111 Posts
Potentially, greater accuracy allowing longer shots with less risk to hostages or others nearby and sharing magazines with the officer's service pistol would make the SUB-2000 a good choice for a school resource officer. It's amazing how accurate these little pistol caliber carbines are, even with the low cost factory peep sight. Not my first choice for 100+ yards, but for inside a school, the SUB-2000 may be a nearly optimal choice considering accuracy, effectiveness, reliability, reduced hazard to unintended targets....

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Dang Bruce, that first sentence sounds like a KelTec sales pamplet from the late1990s. ;)

Seriously that's what this gun was originally designed for. An extension of the officer's sidearm.

The AR platform took that market at the turn of the century.

Good to see you're still alive & kicking.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
<snip> It's amazing how accurate these little pistol caliber carbines are, even with the low cost factory peep sight. <snip>
For the small additional time it would take to employ the PCC, I'd want a red dot on it for the additional velocity (inherent from the carbine barrel) and "can't miss" accuracy.

·
Registered
Too many guns. But then again, there's no such thing.
10 Posts
As a retired LEO (and a Sub2K owner), I can't think of a better long gun to be instantly deployed and utilized in an active shooter situation such as a school shooting.

Let's just pray that future SRO's and responding back-up units do not share the same fearful hesitancy of the dozens of LEO's in Ulvalde or the Broward County Sheriff's SRO in the Parkland school shooting. The best rifle/carbine in the world is absolutely worthless unless its user has the courage to put it and himself/herself into action.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Let's just pray that future SRO's and responding back-up units do not share the same fearful hesitancy of the dozens of LEO's in Ulvalde or the Broward County Sheriff's SRO in the Parkland school shooting. The best rifle/carbine in the world is absolutely worthless unless its user has the courage to put it and himself/herself into action.
Thanks, I was wondering how to say that nicely, but my anger always showed itself. You did what I couldn't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, I was wondering how to say that nicely, but my anger always showed itself.
Me too. Every time I think about the Uvalde shooting or see the videos of more than a dozen cops standing outside of that classroom doing absolutely NOTHING for over an hour, I become furious. I'm completely embarrassed that these guys are my LE brothers and none of them have any right to continue on as LEO's. NONE of them. :mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, I was wondering how to say that nicely, but my anger always showed itself. You did what I couldn't.
Trust me, it wasn't easy toning it down with my soft wording. Like everyone else, I was furious when the events in Ulvade occurred. And what made my anger more intense was the fact that these were my brother LEO's who were displaying the incompetence and cowardice that they did. Like you said, it was a total embarrassment to our profession, to say the very least.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I saw on the news that the chief who did nothing and was waiting for someone else to take control was just fired, 3 months after the murders. The town council was going to fire him a month previous, but he never showed. He wouldn't show his face then but he was brazen enough to keep wearing the badge to collect his pay. I'm surprised the residents didn't march on the PD and demand his badge and resignation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw on the news that the chief who did nothing and was waiting for someone else to take control was just fired, 3 months after the murders.
I still can't believe it took that long to finally fire him. He should've been dumped the very day of the massacre and his negligent actions should somehow result in criminal charges. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts