Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

S2K butt stock mod

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  DARTHPAUL 
#1 ·
texasgentleman2 wanted me to do a write up on this mod so here it is..

First you start off by removing the stock from the buffer tube. Cut the bottom off the butt stock as seen in the first pic. You will be left with a somewhat round tube. Next use a file or sandpaper to round off the part you just cut off, just make it smooth and round except for the lock on top, leave it alone for now.

Get a M4 type stock and remove it from the buffer tube by moving it to the rear position and then pulling down on the spring handle pretty hard and pulling back and it will slide off. Next remove the spring handle the bottom from the stock. There is a roll pin that goes through the nut that holds the handle on the stock. After you remove the roll pin unscrew the nut and push the bolt out the top.
Save all the parts you removed because if you ever plan to do the left side charging handle mod you can put it back in for looks.

Now take all the locking parts out of the round S2k stock. Now you will have to carefully file it to a square shape where all the locking parts were. and keep trying to fit it in the m4 stock, ( you have to turn the S2K part upside down and slide it in the m4 stock, there is a channel inside it the m4 stock that the buffer tube slid inside, the locking part that sticks up on the S2K will fit in that channel after it is squared off and turned upside down.)

After you get it inside the m4 stock figure where you want the stock to sit and mark where the hole is on the S2K stock and drill a hole through the side of the m4 stock. That is where the S2K push bolt will go through to hold everything in place. I set mine about a half inch farther back. I also added a small extra bolt and nut to hold the S2K stock inside the m4 stock. I drilled through the ribbed part of the m4 stock and through where the locking parts where on the S2K stock and out the other side and installed a small #6 allen bolt and nut with thread locker.

Now install it on the S2K buffer tube and mark where the bolt handle will travel. You will have to cut the bottom of the M4 stock off as far back as the bolt travels and a little higher up then level with the bottom of the buffer tube so the gun will cycle with out the stock getting in the way, and also so you can cycle it with your hand to chamber a round. That is all unless you do the left side charging handle mod or install the CAA stock saddle.

If you do the left side charging handle mod you don't need to cut the bottom of the M4 stock. You will need to go to Home Depot and get a small piece of 1" inside dia black pvc pipe. It cost a little over a dollar. Cut it to fit on the buffer tube between the castle nut and down inside the m4 stock as far as it will go. You might have to sand it a little to make the pipe fit inside the m4 stock. Now you have a cover to fit over where the factory bolt charging handle was located.

The CAA stock saddle is no big deal, you just drill two or three holes through the stock and bolt it on.

Ask any questions and I'll try and answer as best as I can.

No mine does not lock down anymore but I removed the front sight anyway and put a magpul flip front sight on my quadrail and I don't have any need to fold it other than cleaning the barrel.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I have not painted it yet and probably won't get to for a couple months. Also if you plan to do the left side charging handle mod you shouldn't have to cut the M4 stock any. I didn't plan on doing the left side mod but kept on thinking of it and said why not.

#9 · (Edited)
So, what is the benefit of this modification? It looks cool, but does it serve a purpose?
A mod is just that, a mod no reason or rhyme has to be proven. If you want to paint it pink so be it. This is a place where creativity blossoms, and if it doesn't trip your trigger, mums (get it flower) the word. And yes, cool in your own eyes is the SOP of the day.

#16 ·
Hello All,

The modification probably serves several purposes, known only to Savagejeeper.

Cool factor aside, I would presume to say: to be original; to prove the naysayers wrong; they like the feel of that stock over the original; or to simply and plainly see if it could be done.

Tron1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.