Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there in KT land scooped up one of these? My pal just did, but he is a few states away so I cannot fire it.

9 and 40 are about $320 shipped, pre rebate. 45 is about $350 shipped, pre rebate.

I am leaning toward the 45 auto.

Thanks for any opinions or thoughts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I recently added a 45 shield because of the rebate. I own a 9 also. I was planning on getting the 45 but the rebate pushed me to do it sooner. The trigger is a little mushy but they are really nice overall. For the price, they are hard to beat.

I was able to take a picture of my receipt and submit the rebate electronically. Stated 8-10 weeks to get the money back.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
I picked up an M&P Shield Performance Center 9mm some months back, so I guess I missed the boat on this one. For whatever weird reason, I'm still kinda-sorta tempted to get a 5" M&P 2.0 in either 9mm or .40 (do they make them in black WITHOUT the manual safety?), but not because of any rebate. Thing I hate about rebates is, more often than not, I send the darned receipts and things off and usually never receive the rebate, so I never factor those things into the final cost of whatever I'm purchasing.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I picked up an M&P Shield Performance Center 9mm some months back, so I guess I missed the boat on this one. For whatever weird reason, I'm still kinda-sorta tempted to get a 5" M&P 2.0 in either 9mm or .40 (do they make them in black WITHOUT the manual safety?), but not because of any rebate. Thing I hate about rebates is, more often than not, I send the darned receipts and things off and usually never receive the rebate, so I never factor those things into the final cost of whatever I'm purchasing.

I bought the M&P9c, I liked it so much I bought a full size. The 9c has a safety and the full size doesnt. They are both black. There is a youtube video that shows how to remove the safety, it doesnt look complicated. The only thing I dont like about the 9c is that it doesnt conceal like my P11.

When I do rebates i make copies of everything in case I never get it, but I always got my rebates back. I just got a 100 dollar rebate check for buying UMC ammo.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have all three Shield variants, although I don't know if the latest (.45) would have qualified.

Anyhoo, I always regretted my small hands prevented me from enjoying a bonafide M&P, but I understand the 2.0's have a variable backstrap that may finally fit. Like the v4 Glocks, I may finally take the plunge and complete the BG-Shield-M&P trifecta.

In the meantime, I have the SD9 and SD40 as my service-sized 9's and 40's (non-Glock-v4-division).

And yes, my natural musk does smell like cabbage, but the rest is just an Old Wives' Tale.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked up a .45 tonight from my local Gander Mountain. It was $375 and they had an in store 15% off promo on all firearms (Savage Scout almost came home with me). $318.74 pretax, just under $350 OTD. Cheaper than Palmetto State Armory's price and I do not have to pay $25 FFL fees.

Nice feel, nice trigger, I am a happy camper. :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have carried the 9mm Shield for 3 years now. Love how concealable it is and it has been very reliable and accurate. I would like a gun with a little more capacity but have opted to just carry the extra mag. Wear it with an Alien Gear tuck holster and forget I even have it on.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
Just saw at the LGS that they now have a Performance Center version of the .45 ACP Shield, which has the same ported barrel and tritium night sights that I have on my 9mm PC Shield. Tempting ... except for a couple of things: 1. I love my 9mm Shield, 2. The .45 pretty much does everything the 9mm version does, except it has less capacity, more recoil, and fewer available holsters (because it's slightly larger), and 3. The $600 price tag. :eek: (For that much money, I could just about take home a Glock 34 or 35 from the same place.)

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
Dang it. Brought home the aforementioned .45 ACP Performance Center Shield today, after trading in my Glock 26 (which was replaced by the Sig P320C/SC).

And, yes, I TOTALLY blame this thread for that purchase. Well, that and my total lack of impulse control, especially when I bring my gal along with me to the LGS and she goes "Oooooh, I really like the trigger on this!" Dang it ... womens and their voodoo influences... :p

Two hundred bucks out-of-pocket. Mags aren't hard to load, has tritium night sights, and the trigger is niiiiiiiice. That grip texture, though ... ugh. Total cheese grater on my skin when I tried wearing it IWB for all of like two seconds. Immediately threw on that Pachmayr grip sleeve that I had left over from my P11 to fix that nonsense. Muuuuuuch better now.

Depending on how it shoots, it might replace my 9mm PC Shield. Might find out tomorrow, if/when I finally manage to get my butt to the range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.