S&W Model 438 J-frame Revolver (Offer Terminated)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Checker4Tix, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I know this is a long shot, but I've been wanting to buy another J-frame for a long time. S&W has a $50 rebate going on right now so I think it's time for me to buy. The best price I can find online will cost me $425 out of pocket after the rebate, including shipping and transfer fees.

Before I go buy a new one I thought I'd check to see if any of you guys have a gently used safe queen you might be willing to part with. I can get transfers processed for $15 and If I buy used I'd like to come in under $400 out of pocket. So I guess I'd be willing to pay on the order of $375-$385, shipped. Remember, shipping "machine parts" via UPS runs about $8.

I'm really only interested in a light weight S&W Model 438 J-Frame Revolver. Please click the link for details.

If you are interested, please PM me. I'd like for you to post or send me some high resolution pictures before we could talk about making a deal.

If you are interested in trading, please take a look at THIS thread.

2. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Re: WTB S&W Model 438 J-frame Revolver

I placed an order today for a S&W 438 so guess this offer to buy is now terminated. Thanks for all who looked.

The best price I found was through GilbertsGuns.com. After shipping, insurance, transfer fees and the $50 factory rebate, it will cost me $407.68. Can't beat that - or at least I couldn't.

------

I posted this update at 3:37 pm today, shortly after placing the order and calling my local FFL to fax over a copy of his license. It is now 10:20pm. I just checked my email and got a UPS tracking number from GilbertsGuns. Wow, that's fast. ETA is by quitting time on Friday. Woo! Hoo!