Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post on the pictures thread where someone had modified a beretta mag to fit into his S&W configured sub2k. I tried doing a thread search for info on this and did not find anything. But I did find something that seemed to suggest that you can change the mag catch in the rifle to take the beretta mag. Did I read that right? Does anyone have any info or links to this?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
The FAQ is your friend. ;)

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
You could just convert your subby from S&W to Beretta configuration by changing the mag catch. Then it would use Beretta mags, as is. Of course if you also have S&W mags, they would probably no longer work. I don't know how to convert Beretta mags so that they fit the S&W subbie, or if that is possible. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
I don't know how to convert Beretta mags so that they fit the S&W subbie, or if that is possible. :confused:
It's possible, but they probably wouldn't work in the Beretta anymore. The primary difference between the Beretta 92, S&W 5906, and SIG 229 magazine notches is in their location distance from the feed lips. Some are closer than others. This is why the conversion is so easy in the Sub2K between the 3. They all use the same attachment point with a slightly differently located catch.

Josh, if you are talking about Beretta PX4 mags, that member is still trying to make them work. It may be more hassle than it's worth. I don't consider the fact that none of my handguns are compatible with the Sub to be a deal breaker. Would it be nice? Of course, but not a deal breaker. ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's possible, but they probably wouldn't work in the Beretta anymore. The primary difference between the Beretta 92, S&W 5906, and SIG 229 magazine notches is in their location distance from the feed lips. Some are closer than others. This is why the conversion is so easy in the Sub2K between the 3. They all use the same attachment point with a slightly differently located catch.

Josh, if you are talking about Beretta PX4 mags, that member is still trying to make them work. It may be more hassle than it's worth. I don't consider the fact that none of my handguns are compatible with the Sub to be a deal breaker. Would it be nice? Of course, but not a deal breaker. ;)
I did get the Beretta PX4 mags to feed reliably. Now that I know what needs to be done it's not that hard to do, just figuring it out took a little time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did get the Beretta PX4 mags to feed reliably. Now that I know what needs to be done it's not that hard to do, just figuring it out took a little time.
3WBDRIVER, Is subgunner the person that you thought was still having problems, or has this conversion been done by a few people? (I thought you said there was someone telling me that one guy was having problems with this conversion, but I cannot seem to find the reply now.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
3WBDRIVER, Is subgunner the person that you thought was still having problems, or has this conversion been done by a few people? (I thought you said there was someone telling me that one guy was having problems with this conversion, but I cannot seem to find the reply now.
If you left click on subgunner's name you will see a drop down list. Click on "find more posts", and you should be able to find what he is talking about. If you click on the title part of the posts in question it will take you to that thread. As far as I know he is the first to actually try to make PX4 mags fit, so there is no other history to go on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts