Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be editing, and showing photos on this page.. Anyone can do this cheap. PM me for detailed info! Will tell ya how to cowboy load. The blue trays are 8$ each, Lee press @ right was 32$ on the closeout section of LEE,( Leeprecision.com )... Square box (3 die set) @ top left of photo is 26$ on sale @ midway... Bottom left of photo shows "lee ergo primer" for 40$...with the chrome trigger.

Save all brass you can get......clean with vinegar,lemon juice, tbls dish soap, boiling hot water. Then rinse with boiling water poured over strainer. Spread on towel for couple days,let dry.

Load primers, inspect while loading primers. You now have loaded 100 primers into 100 shells, stacked into the 2 blue trays like I bought in photo below...take a break. Then we will cowboy load!

cleaning brass without machines is good with liquid recipe i found on youtube. I am adding lemi-shine to solution as soon as UPS brings lemi-shine.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I reload for several calibers already, but I do want to say I love the idea of this thread. Keep it going and hopefully you will.get a few more people on board

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know ,,,mikegray0422 (other thread here) said it best for "some" members. Purchase a "classic lee loader", for 30$...,, on midway...

There are very few members that need a turret loader. This thread will help the most members.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
note; .40 cal rounds takes same powder,same scoop as 9mm, same primer, same primer tool, same hand press, same loading trays ,,,, as 9mm... different dies and different bullet.

1000 bullets for 105.00$ - "165 grn bullet for 40 cal,," to the door .or porch!

·
Registered
441 Posts
There are very few members that need a turret loader. This thread will help the most members.
If you don't shoot much, you don't need a turret all right.

I shoot a hekkuva lot, as does the wife and a turret isn't fast enough. I use a progressive press.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you don't shoot much, you don't need a turret all right.

I shoot a hekkuva lot, as does the wife and a turret isn't fast enough. I use a progressive press.
Yup. My experience is Lee's turret is about 3X faster than a single stage. I'm assuming a progressive is close to 3X faster than the Turret.

Turret= 3 pulls of the handle for each finished cartridge. Progressive=1 pull of the handle for each finished cartridge.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
oh well, started this thread for beginners, and those not wanting to load 7 days a week. And those on tight budget. We need a turret and progressive thread, it's above my head.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Once you graduate to the high volume reloading I would suggest looking at the dillion. Much easier to change calibers and crank out a lot of high quality ammo.

I have tried a lot of equipment over my 30+ years of shooting and reloading and have had the best luck with the Dillion equipment. But of course if you shoot and reload lots of calibers you will invest some bucks.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will stay small myself. I don't want to go big.. I also have another hobby. I'll try to help with lil' LEE loader stuff.

·
Registered
88 Posts
wish I had started reloading on the smallest scale. I bought all Dillon stuff, spent mucho $$$, & gave the stuff away. Not enough time.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Good post mike, not but so much time in the day. With 380's & 40 cal.. I have all the lee stuff I need.

This photo left shows my other hobbie, this keltec & lee kult has tied me up 4 months, pistols are under deep control now....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yup. My experience is Lee's turret is about 3X faster than a single stage. I'm assuming a progressive is close to 3X faster than the Turret.

Turret= 3 pulls of the handle for each finished cartridge. Progressive=1 pull of the handle for each finished cartridge.
You are correct. I had (and still have) a Lee turret press I used for quite a while before I bought the progressive. It makes a hekkuva difference in output.

The good news about having a wife that's a gun person is that you can buy any gun related thing you want.

The bad news is you frequently have to buy 2 of each and you also have to reload for two people.

But it's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ka60tm, thats a handful, loading for 2! I stayed home sunday, feeling tired but i loaded 450 rounds while watching TV. It was 380's and 40's. Making aot of 40's now & storing, hope to have subk paid for in 30 or 40 days. I shoot as many 380's as i can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts