Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an ad on GunBroker tonight stating that Kel-Tec has at least temporarily stopped all production of the Sub-2000 weapon. No reason was given.

Absolutely ... after 50 years of life ... I have learned that you cannot believe EVERYTHING you read, but it would be pretty bold (as well as other things) to put something in your auction title bar saying something like that if the rumor was NOT true.

I wish somebody WHO REALLY KNOWS on here could confirm or deny this. :confused:

Here is the auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=286851604

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I read an ad on GunBroker tonight stating that Kel-Tec has at least temporarily stopped all production of the Sub-2000 weapon. No reason was given.

Absolutely ... after 50 years of life ... I have learned that you cannot believe EVERYTHING you read, but it would be pretty bold (as well as other things) to put something in your auction title bar saying something like that if the rumor was NOT true.

I wish somebody WHO REALLY KNOWS on here could confirm or deny this. :confused:

Here is the auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=286851604
Right now, it looks like it's YOU spreading the rumor. How many other forums have you posted this on besides here and Ktrange???

We've heard nothing about any of this...except your posts. And your link doesn't work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unless Keltec is actually saying it on their website, i am going to assume it is this guy trying to create hype and entice buyers to jump and buy a gun which has a $409 MSRP for almost $600.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now, it looks like it's YOU spreading the rumor. How many other forums have you posted this on besides here and Ktrange???

We've heard nothing about any of this...except your posts. And your link doesn't work.
1. Yes, it's posted on KTRange. So what ???

2. Yes, the link works. Please try it again and/or check your settings for links.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless Keltec is actually saying it on their website, i am going to assume it is this guy trying to create hype and entice buyers to jump and buy a gun which has a $409 MSRP for almost $600.
Absolute valid point. The reason I posted the question with more than one source is that Kel-Tec is swamped with e-mails. It is totally understandable they may not have the time to update their website before they can respond to e-mails, therefore I wrote them for clarification. When I get their response I will post it on here unless somebody else does so first.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Yup. And the seller is taking a "loss" on that one at $575. Can you say snake oil salesman? Geez. To my knowledge the ONLY gun Kel-tec ever completely stopped production on is the P-40. Because it proved to be too much gun in such a small package for most shooters. Even The Sub-9 evolved into the Sub 2000. If they have temporarily ceased producing them it is to catch up on KSG, PMR, or RFB orders. They still sell every Sub 2000 they can ship. What earthly reason would they stop building a proven seller for? Until I see something official on Kel-tec's website I'm definitely taking this with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup. And the seller is taking a "loss" on that one at $575. Can you say snake oil salesman? Geez. To my knowledge the ONLY gun Kel-tec ever completely stopped production on is the P-40. Because it proved to be too much gun in such a small package for most shooters. Even The Sub-9 evolved into the Sub 2000. If they have temporarily ceased producing them it is to catch up on KSG, PMR, or RFB orders. They still sell every Sub 2000 they can ship. What earthly reason would they stop building a proven seller for? Until I see something official on Kel-tec's website I'm definitely taking this with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:
I have to agree, which is one of the reasons I posted the link on here. As stated, when I get my response from Kel-Tec I'll post it on here.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I plan on seeing how long it takes them to respond to this then I'll write them about the RMR-30 availability. They already got about 4 of them sold to folks where I work. Just cant seem to find any.

·
Registered
760 Posts
LMAO. If he's taking a loss its because he paid too much for it. He ought to be investigated for fraud by GunBroker.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kel-Tec's Response :~)) +++

Gentlemen ... here it is ... Kel-Tec's response as promised ...

No, we’ve never stopped the Sub production, they’re just on a heavy backorder due to popularity.

Thank you,

Ericka

1-800-515-9983 or www.keltecweapons.com

Mail: Physical:

PO Box 236009 1475 Cox Rd

Cocoa FL 32923 Cocoa FL 32926

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I plan on seeing how long it takes them to respond to this then I'll write them about the RMR-30 availability. They already got about 4 of them sold to folks where I work. Just cant seem to find any.
Fargaganan tragolls. Thagis begee the Sub2000 fagorum.

·
Registered
424 Posts
sales hype I am sure!!!

Let's see: You have a product which works, dealers cannot sell them fast enough....nope, bet they will keep making them, IMO!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Let's see: You have a product which works, dealers cannot sell them fast enough....nope, bet they will keep making them, IMO!!!
You never know. George could be a Democrat. If a program is working that well maybe he feels a need to "fix" it?

Let's see. Depressed economy, I'm hiring extra people and buying more equipment when everyone else is cutting costs. Selling everything I can produce. GREAT GOOGALLY MOOGALLY! What are we doing wrong!!!??? STOP PRODUCTION NOW!!!!

:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts