Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased one yesterday. My LGS had two of them for $319. I like everything about it, EXCEPT the 10 round capacity. The only solution I see for that is Ruger producing an extended mag, but I'm not sure if I'd like a magazine protruding below the pistol grip. I wish I could have gotten my hands on a PMR-30. Does anyone else own an SR22? What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
Just bought one for my boy for his 11th BD. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet. I don't see a problem with the 10 round mag. It's what pretty much every other .22 auto loading pistol on earth has.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
It is difficult to produce a double stack .22 magazine. Many have tried, and many have failed. Even the 30 rounders for a 10-22 are single stack, very long mags, and curved because of the rims.

Almost all 22 pistols are 10 shots. My wife's is a cz kadet, built off a double stack 15 round 9mm frame, and it holds 10. Buckmark, ruger mark, S&W, they all hold 10. 1911 -22 from various makers all hold 10 as far as I know.

I would not get my hopes up for a higher cap 22 pistol. They are few and far between.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lklawson said:
Just bought one for my boy for his 11th BD. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet. I don't see a problem with the 10 round mag. It's what pretty much every other .22 auto loading pistol on earth has.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
This is my first .22 pistol so I didn't know most were 10 rounders. I just put about 300 rounds through mine. I was shooting really dirty Federals from Walmart and got hit in the eye with some metal. Make sure you and your son both wear eye pro when shooting this little guy. It's a really fun pistol to shoot though.

image-644158037.jpg

I'm not the best with pistols but that was pretty rapid firing from about 20 yards.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
Make sure you and your son both wear eye pro when shooting this little guy.
Always. Every time. No exceptions. Even with air-guns. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
The Smith&Wesson M&P22 pistol has a 12 round mag (there's also a 10 round version). But that's the only higher-than-10 pistol example I can think of off the top of my head (ignoring the unusual firearms like the Calico pistol).

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
The Smith&Wesson M&P22 pistol has a 12 round mag (there's also a 10 round version)
Is the magazine staggered or is it single-stack?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
Is the magazine staggered or is it single-stack
I don't know. I've never seen one in person. I learned about the M&P22 when I started researching .22LR pistols for my wife. We haven't bought one yet, but this pistol is on the list of potentials (with about a gadzillion other ones - lot's of good selection in the .22 handgun market!)

·
Registered
121 Posts
lklawson said:
Is the magazine staggered or is it single-stack?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
It's single stack. It loads and feeds great. Mine has about 20,000 rounds of assorted bulk ammo through it with the occasional mid fire due to bad ammo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts