Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got me a new toy today,Ruger 10-22.Only .22s I had were an old Sears 'n Roebuck that won't eject and a Heritage Rough Rider.$225 out the door.Great-grandson spending the night with us,no shooting this weekend,but come Monday I'll be at the shootin' range..:)

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Nice Rifle, I been fondeling those lately also.

How about a range report and some pics.

Congratultions on new rifle.

Jim

·
Registered
41 Posts
The 10/22 is a good ol tried and true rifle!! They have a HUGE aftermarket too!! I have had my marlin model 60 since I was 12 ( now 41 ) and I love it. I bought my 13y/o son a 10/22 this past year and he loves his!!

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Congrats! The 10/22 is on my want list, for sure. Mainly just want a stainless model with a synthetic stock, a BX-25 mag or two, and I may or may not plop my cheap-o Redhead scope on there (since it's just sitting in the closet and has yet to be mounted upon anything). All this .22 LR ammo I've got built up is going to take FOREVER to burn off if I only use my 5- and 6-shot revolvers, so a couple of 25-round mags in a semi-auto should help knock down that "overstock" of bulk ammo. :D

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
very reliable and accurate enough unless competing, they are hard to beat. We have 2, wife has a tactical solutions pink lightweight build and I have a regular model. Get a few of those 25 or 30 round mags, fill them ahead of time, and you won't even have to reload before a box or 3 is gone.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I finally bought one a few weeks ago. It's a '93 manufacture date carbine, all metal parts, real walnut stock. I have sling and scope bits on order. Other posters are right, there are a TON of add-on bits available for this little beast. Enjoy it.

Crass commercial interlude: I have two 30-round Eagle magazines for the 10/22 I want to sell. PM me if interested. End crass commercial interlude.

Be safe out there.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Bought one new a few years ago. It really likes CCI ammo. I think I need to shoot it more....probably not broken in.

Bought a Black Dog 50 round barrel mag. Never used it(NIB). PM me if interested.

Everyone should have a 10/22 IMO. Great little rifle. My son loves to shoot it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Good 22 to have is ya like it as it is or if ya like to be changing stuff on it from time to time. They are accurate enough for any of our needs. Not the only .22s we have, but the ones most likely to get used.

I keep 2 stainless ones ready for the family's weekend warriors. Got them ringged up with poly/alloy Butler Creek folders and 4X matching stainless scopes. Doubled up 30 rounders for each. Keeps the visitors and kids busy along with the MKIIs. I also keep a stainless stashed for myself with the standard stock. Well. just in case I wanna get a little action in too.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
I keep 2 stainless ones ready for the family's weekend warriors. Got them ringged up with poly/alloy Butler Creek folders and 4X matching stainless scopes. Doubled up 30 rounders for each. Keeps the visitors and kids busy along with the MKIIs. I also keep a stainless stashed for myself with the standard stock. Well. just in case I wanna get a little action in too.
I would love to see pics of that built up one Pancho.
As it sounds like what Im looking for.
If you get a little time.

Jim

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I am a HUGE 10/22 fan. :D

I have a dozen of them in different configurations (including 2 pending SBR approval), two of the Charger pistols (I'll probably get rid of at least one of those once my Form 1s come back) and my local FFL is sitting on two more I ordered online last week (the new Take-Down model for me and a BSA commemorative I am putting away to give my son down the road, when he "graduates" from Cub Scout to Boy Scout).

To say I love the platform is a gross understatement! :eek:

One of mine is a long bull-bbl tack-driver, one is in a Krinker-Plinker kit, one is a "Marauder," one has a factory digi-cam finish that was exclusive to Gander Mountain, one has a bullpup kit waiting on me to find some time, some are scoped, some are stocked, etc.

One of my very favorites is in an old (sadly discontinued) BC Packer stock that allows quick take-down/assembly with a stock bbl and no tools...

:)

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Hey Hardshell,
Could you post some more pics of the other 10/22s you have , I dont have one YET, but maybe soon.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Found this at Gander Mountain about 3 years ago for $200 used. It had a bad trigger, but a Volquersten makes it all good.

G2S

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
OMG Gary,
That (no pun intended) trips my trigger.
Man I like that.
Give ya $205 or 250.00 :D
If I see one like that , its coming home with me

I love that one.

How is accuracy?

Jim

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
phideaux said:
Hey Hardshell,
Could you post some more pics of the other 10/22s you have , I dont have one YET, but maybe soon.

Thanks

Jim
Will do. I'm on my phone now, but I'll post some in the morning.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I don't have a huge number of .22 rifles (a Glenfield 60, a Winchester 190 and Henry lever in Long Rifle and my Marlin 925M in WMR) but I generally feel like I have 'enough'. Then I start thinking about a 10/22. One 'justification' is that I don't have a semiauto .22 LR with a removable mag and it would be kind of cool to have high-cap mags. My nephew has a 10/22 and it shoots really well but I don't think I shoot it any better than I shoot my semiautos - and I shoot the Henry better with open sights than any of the others. Still, I do like my nephew's 10/22 and it does kind of bug me that I don't have an example of both of the most popular .22 rifles (the model 60, which I do have, being the other.) Then there is the temptation of the following kit. If I get a 10/22 it will probably end up wearing this kit, eventually:

http://www.eabco.com/m1_carbine_ruger_1022_tribute.htm

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Hey Hardshell,

Thanks

Jim
Here you go.

My very first 10/22, and one that is pending SBR status and will look quite different soon...

The other one pending SBR status, currently sitting in a Hogue rubber overmolded stock with a 20" bull barrel (which will go to another plain receiver once the Form 1 comes back on this one)...

A nice old "deluxe" model, bone stock...

The Gander Mountain exclusive digicam...

A crappy, hastily-snapped (this morning, on my way out) pic of my Krinker Plinker...

Recently-assembled Archangel Marauder; I first had a threaded bulll bbl on this one but it made it to front-heavy, so now it has a std profile threaded bbl, finned and lightened, and I will be adding a muzzle device (probably a Phantom FH) that I can remove as desired to use one of my rimfire suoppressors with this; it will probably look much better with the FH in place, but I didn't have it handy for this photo...

I have a couple of the Ruger Chargers (10/22 actions built as pistols from the factory)...

I also have several other plain variants (blue, SS, wood, synth, etc.) that haven't warranted solo pics, plus the suppressed "packer" I already posted above.

Finally, I picked up my two latest on the way home yesterday, but I haven't gotten them out for pics yet -- a new Take-Down model for me and the limited BSA model for my son (eventually)...

:)

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Holy "Gabozosebbelermeow" batman.
Thats what Im talkin bout.:D:D

Those are certainly something to be proud of. Trouble is I love evreyone of em.

Now Im really cornfused , I want only one(now), which one, OhmeOhmy.

Im looking at one now that has a Green Mountain SS Bull barrel and a Bell and Carlson Anchultz stock.:)

All I would do is add a nice SS scope. I just cant pull the trigger one one just at the moment.
I still have too much fun shopping.:D

Jim

1 - 20 of 32 Posts