Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the difference between the two is. Who's got 'em and what do ya like or hate about them.
I too get the trigger pinch at the bottom of my trigger finger when firing between the trigger guard and the tip opf the trigger. I just bought the kel tec trigger shoe today and the while surfing this sight I found the northwood trigger (after I had already bought the shoe):gaah:

So sound off and give me me some feedback please and say hello to a new member.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry can't give you a comparison, I installed a hybrid Northwoods. Install was straight forward and the end result was well worth it. You may want to check but it seems that they quit production on the hybrid model.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can't compare the two but I installed a Northwoods on my P-11 and felt it made a nice improvement. Installation was fairly easy and the Northwoods web site has good instructions on the install procedure. Before I bought the Northwoods I did some research on the RTK and I believe that the grip frame had to be drilled or modified in some way. People said it was not a big issue but drilling on gun frames is not my strong suite so I went with the Northwoods and am happy with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have installed and used both the RTK and Northwoods trigger in a Kel-Tec PF-9 and P-11. To me, it didn't make much of a difference at all, especially for the cost. You'll still end up with a long and hard trigger pull. My suggestion is to save the money and buy ammo and practice with the factory trigger. Once you learn to get a consistent pull all the way through you'll like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.