Round cout P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ghostrider_23, Oct 25, 2009.

1. ghostrider_23

ghostrider_23 New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    I have a Kel Tec P3AT with about a couple hundred rounds in it.

I would like to know if how many rounds you have in your P3AT???

Has anyone had any failures or breakage due to high round count????

I have been thinking of sitching over to the Kahr PM9, but it doesn't hide as well as the P3AT.

Anyone have both???? Whis do you perfer??????????????

2. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I have around 1000 through my P3AT. I've replaced the guide rod and springs because of round count not because of any problems. I also replaced my extractor, extractor spring, and extractor spring screw but I replaced them with hard chrome parts to match my newly nickle plated slide not because the parts needed replaced. I still have the parts in case I decide to go back to the blued parts to contrast with the nickle plating.

My P3AT is the most reliable gun I've ever owned. It has never jammed. There is no way I'd ever get rid of it for any reason. Why get rid of a gun with a lifetime replacement warranty? If it ever does break and can't be repaired or ever wears out, KT will send you a new one with your old serial number on it. Who else will do that?

3. Little_Z28

Little_Z28 New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    I have two P3AT's and a Kahr PM9. Can't really compare them apples to apples. I love them all, and they all have their own place. I'm a smaller person and favor the Keltec's during the warm summer months, and the Kahr or my Glock 26 during the winter months.

Had initial trouble with one P3AT, but keltec fixed it on two trips back to the mothership. My other P3AT and PM9 have never missed a beat, knock on wood....

4. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    2458 - replaced recoil springs at about 1000 rounds, was still running fine, but didn't want to push it, resulted in a bit less slide-slap. The more I shoot it the smoother it gets!

Bobo

5. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I've got a PM9 and a P3AT. The PM9 has around 7-800 rounds through it. The P3AT has around 400. I quit counting exactly at around 200 rounds each. They've both been trouble free from the start.

I carry the PM9 daily and use the P3AT as a BUG from time to time as the mood strikes me. The exception is Doctor visits, then the P3AT is primary.