Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever found a technique or method for smoothing out the sharp/rough edges of the P3AT trigger? I know that someone covered their trigger with a rubber hose or something but I was more interested in just smoothing it out and maybe removing the serrations.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sandpaper works great. Most automotive parts stores sell packs that will go as fine as you walt. You could probably use a Dermel but would have to be careful with it.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I used some light filing, then 400 grit, then 600 grit. Best thing ever to happen to my P-3AT - no more sore fingertips!

Heavens, good to see you around norfdet!

·
Registered
175 Posts
norfdet said:
Do you remove the trigger from the frame or just sand it in place? Thanks PG!
I sanded mine in place. Just be sure and unload the weapon before you begin. I just took a small square of 600 grit sandpaper, maybe 2x2 inches square and sanded it while I was watching TV one night. It won't take you very long at all.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I did it in place. Booger factor using a Dremel is too high IMO, and we aren't talking about an arduous task here. Besides, the sand/feel/sand/feel system works better with a snap cap and assembled pistol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Neither my P-3AT nor PF-9 hurt my firnger anymore, but I am still planning on doing this on both. Would a fine finger nail file work and then some 600/800 grit sandpaper.

I've also noticed that some straighten the trigger a bit. I'm worried that I would not like it then have to break the gun down and buy another trigger.

Vince

·
Registered
175 Posts
oak1971 said:
One more thing for me to try. :cool:
Why do you feel it necessary to respond to every single thread on here? You just joined yesterday and already have a post count of 20. Are you trying to get to 25 as quickly as possible so you can visit the trading post or something. ????

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
pedro said:
[quote author=oak1971 link=1248091881/0#9 date=1248443378]One more thing for me to try. :cool:
Why do you feel it necessary to respond to every single thread on here?  You just joined yesterday and already have a post count of 20.  Are you trying to get to 25 as quickly as possible so you can visit the trading post or something.  ????[/quote]

Looks like it, but he is making meaningfull posts. IMO he's playing by the rules.

Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts