rough trigger surface

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by norfdet, Jul 20, 2009.

1. norfdet

norfdet New Member

May 27, 2005
    Has anyone ever found a technique or method for smoothing out the sharp/rough edges of the P3AT trigger? I know that someone covered their trigger with a rubber hose or something but I was more interested in just smoothing it out and maybe removing the serrations.

2. Moon

Moon New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Sandpaper works great. Most automotive parts stores sell packs that will go as fine as you walt. You could probably use a Dermel but would have to be careful with it.

3. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    I smoothed mine down with 1000 grit sandpaper.

4. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    I used some light filing, then 400 grit, then 600 grit. Best thing ever to happen to my P-3AT - no more sore fingertips!

Heavens, good to see you around norfdet!

5. norfdet

norfdet New Member

May 27, 2005
    Do you remove the trigger from the frame or just sand it in place? Thanks PG!

6. supervirgil

supervirgil New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    If you use a dremel, make sure to turn the speed way down. It will eat through a hot knife through butter!!!

7. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    I sanded mine in place. Just be sure and unload the weapon before you begin. I just took a small square of 600 grit sandpaper, maybe 2x2 inches square and sanded it while I was watching TV one night. It won't take you very long at all.

8. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    I did it in place. Booger factor using a Dremel is too high IMO, and we aren't talking about an arduous task here. Besides, the sand/feel/sand/feel system works better with a snap cap and assembled pistol.

9. vinpar092

vinpar092 New Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Neither my P-3AT nor PF-9 hurt my firnger anymore, but I am still planning on doing this on both. Would a fine finger nail file work and then some 600/800 grit sandpaper.

I've also noticed that some straighten the trigger a bit. I'm worried that I would not like it then have to break the gun down and buy another trigger.

Vince

10. oak1971

oak1971 New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    One more thing for me to try. :cool:

11. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Why do you feel it necessary to respond to every single thread on here? You just joined yesterday and already have a post count of 20. Are you trying to get to 25 as quickly as possible so you can visit the trading post or something. ????

12. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Why do you feel it necessary to respond to every single thread on here?  You just joined yesterday and already have a post count of 20.  Are you trying to get to 25 as quickly as possible so you can visit the trading post or something.  ????[/quote]

Looks like it, but he is making meaningfull posts. IMO he's playing by the rules.

Rick