Rolling Thunder

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by haugrdr, Aug 1, 2010.

1. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    A few years ago, the wife and I went with a group of friends to Washington, DC for Rolling Thunder.

For those that may not know, Rolling Thunder is a motorcycle rally held in honor/support for POWs/MIA, it's held during Memorial Day weekend every year and is really something to see.

Thousands and thousands of bikes of all types, great people, speeches by politicians, a parade of bikes that lasted over an hour and a half. Here are a few of the pics we took.

The group outside our motel.
    [​IMG]

Kelly, my wife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me, in front of the Korean War Memorial
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paul Teutul Sr, Orange County Choppers
    [​IMG]

Paul Jr, Orange County Choppers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kelly stood like this thru the entire parade of bikes, she really got emotional
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Back in April '07 we were coming back from a vacation and had just hit I-40 south of Vegas. The traffic on the interstate was literally stopped by police for a large group of riders leaving a truck stop and heading for D.C. I think they called it the Run for The Wall, and it originated in Los Angeles and just kept growing until they got to D.C. There were already what looked like 3,000 bikes in the group when we got there and I have to admit it was an awe inspiring sight.

3. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Run for the Wall leads up to and ends up with Rolling Thunder.

One year we couldn't make it to DC, so a bunch of us rode down to Ohio to stand on an overpass and watch the bikes go by...what a site to see...3000+ bikes all decked out with American flags.

http://www.rftw.org/index.asp?lg=1&w=pages&r=1&pid=63