Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
To help make it clearer...the article is about the Louisiana State Senate.

And 3 cheers for them!

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I hate to tell you, that survey is from 2007. And has been posted on here maybe 20 times or so.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
I just seen it, maybe I forgot, thats happening alot lately, and I knew I lead a sheltered life , but OMG, that is really bad.

I voted anyway.:D Felt good.

Jim

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
CRS...I have it myself quite often. More and more lately, in fact. :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
139 Posts
USA Today Poll < http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm >
Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?
In reality, the correct answer to that poll should be 'NO'.

The problem I have with that poll is that the Second Amendment does NOT "give" individuals anything. It PROTECTS the right of the people to keep and bear arms from infringement by government. - Big difference!

Liberals want us to believe that the US Constitution "grants" us these rights as enumerated in the Bill of Rights. - So if the Constitution "grants" us those rights, then a Constitutional Amendment could take them away. WRONG ! ! ! -- These are "unalienable rights" granted by the Creator and cannot be revoked by a Constitutional Amendment. Only the Creator can revoke these rights.

"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...." - Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Well put Ray. A point I've made myself a time or two. The second doen't apply to us common folk, it is directed at the gobment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts