Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the RFB 18 out today with a yhm resonator k. I have the suppressor piston in it, and it is set at b+23. I started at b+40 (almost all the way open) and it would cycle but not lock back. Went down to b+30, same deal. Went down to b+25, and one type would lock back and another wouldn't. Went down to b+23 and it locked back with all the rounds I was firing.

Snow Automotive tire Motor vehicle Freezing Wood

It was also 6 degrees out, so I may have to open it up a click or 2 when it warms up. Barnaul Brown Bear was pretty anemic, and you can see what barrel length does, plus the cold. I will also say, the plastic handguard is much nicer than an aluminum handguard in the cold. Same with mags.

Font Number Screenshot Parallel Circle

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The RFB was a treat. Sounded good suppressed compared to the shorter barreled guns. And the plastic felt great compared to the aluminum handguards and mags. I'm not a huge fan of gloves and I could definitely feel the difference at 6 degrees.

The thermal ran great on it, I wish I could move it back about another inch. I could move it back if I switch the mount around but then the qd levers get in the way of the charging lever.

· Registered
RFB18 (Gen1) RDB17 (1:9 )
723 Posts
Im still debating on trying out my OSS can on my RFB (I cant use the supressor piston on my version of the gun).
I shot my Rdb with and without the can at 30 degrees and still ended up with the same unsupressed setting I started with when it was 90 out. Only opened the gas up 2 with the can.

Any poi shift with the Can on the RFB?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not check. I was only testing for function as I just picked it up and it was a used gun. Also was testing velocity data and had a few other guns and ammo to test. Since it was only 6 degrees out, I didn't want to spend too much time out there.

When the weather gets nicer, I'll sight it in and test a few different types of ammo, and try a few shots without the can

1 - 4 of 4 Posts