Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
So..what angle of the handgaurd are you not seeing to not get a good idea of what it looks like?

Constructive criticism is fine but at least provide what your not seeing or want to see.
The right side of your gun in the video is obscured by the hardware installed in the M-Lok slots. The front is obscured by the Indian Creek BFD/SJC Titan. No shots of the underside of the handguard.

But your video isn't an advertisement of the product, so I didn't expect as much. Like I said, I appreciate the review. :)

My favorite Facebook pic (From the Keltec group) with the Li Rfb and extended Rdb handgaurds
This pic is more along the lines of what I'm looking for. Problem is it's on a Facebook page, in a group, no less, that you have to join in order to see. Not everyone uses FB. In fact, I would encourage people to not use FB as they do not care about our rights.

So to sum up... I'm looking for pics of the unadorned handguard taken from both sides of an 18" RFB (the most common version of the rifle, BTW), as well as the top, bottom, and muzzle end, placed on a website where I can view the product and make a purchase if I so desired.

I don't think that's too big of an ask. ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
The right side of your gun in the video is obscured by the hardware installed in the M-Lok slots. The front is obscured by the Indian Creek BFD/SJC Titan. No shots of the underside of the handguard.

But your video isn't an advertisement of the product, so I didn't expect as much. Like I said, I appreciate the review. :)

This pic is more along the lines of what I'm looking for. Problem is it's on a Facebook page, in a group, no less, that you have to join in order to see. Not everyone uses FB. In fact, I would encourage people to not use FB as they do not care about our rights.

So to sum up... I'm looking for pics of the unadorned handguard taken from both sides of an 18" RFB (the most common version of the rifle, BTW), as well as the top, bottom, and muzzle end, placed on a website where I can view the product and make a purchase if I so desired.

I don't think that's too big of an ask. ;)
KEL TEC themselves don't put that much into the pictures for their alluminum handgaurd. Nor any of the other places I've bought
handgaurds from for my Ak..Ar..Fal..Hk91...

I have nothing to do with the website.
But I can get ya top,bottom and muzzle end.
You've already seen the left and right sides (and they are present in the 6rd post from this thread)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Well..this is what I got.
Not really interested in taking anything off

Bottom.
Top (on)
Top (off)
Front (top off)
Front (top on)
*The alluminum your seeing is cuz I was messing with the wall here..

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
KEL TEC themselves don't put that much into the pictures for their alluminum handgaurd. Nor any of the other places I've bought
handgaurds from for my Ak..Ar..Fal..Hk91...

I have nothing to do with the website.
But I can get ya top,bottom and muzzle end.
You've already seen the left and right sides (and they are present in the 6rd post from this thread)
You're right, most gun accessory manufacturers don't put much effort in presenting their product. They rely on folks like yourself to do it for them. In the case of LI, I don't think that's intentional, it just is.

When I shop for a gun part or accessory I'm interested in I go to the manufacturer's website first hoping to find a picture of the item I want, installed on the gun it's made for. Sometimes it works out, other times, not so much. If I'm intrigued enough to look further, I'll search for forum posts and videos to get a better idea.

In the case of this handguard, if all I had to go off of were the pictures on LI's website, I'd have no interest. It doesn't represent the product very well. That's why I didn't bother with the pre-sale. Your video does a much better job.

Well..this is what I got.
Not really interested in taking anything off

Bottom.
Top (on)
Top (off)
Front (top off)
Front (top on)
*The alluminum your seeing is cuz I was messing with the wall here..
Thanks again for the info. The effort is much appreciated.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You're right, most gun accessory manufacturers don't put much effort in presenting their product. They rely on folks like yourself to do it for them. In the case of LI, I don't think that's intentional, it just is.

When I shop for a gun part or accessory I'm interested in I go to the manufacturer's website first hoping to find a picture of the item I want, installed on the gun it's made for. Sometimes it works out, other times, not so much. If I'm intrigued enough to look further, I'll search for forum posts and videos to get a better idea.

In the case of this handguard, if all I had to go off of were the pictures on LI's website, I'd have no interest. It doesn't represent the product very well. That's why I didn't bother with the pre-sale. Your video does a much better job.

Thanks again for the info. The effort is much appreciated.
Anytime. I think this thing is worth it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered, installed the day it came. Love the look, more modern to me. Ergo's are way better now that I can extend my arm farther out to the end of the rifle. Showed my brother he thought I bought I whole new rifle (lol).

I have the Rhino rail on my RDB as well and I think this one is a step above that handguard for what it does for the rifle. (rhino rail rocks for the RDB).

Bravo Lucky Irishman!! The RFB is now my truck gun.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
O whoops. Also, is it possible to make an mlok hanguard for the rdb that also fully wraps around like the one for the RDB, bc that'd make mounting front sights much easier.
Well..If Rich decided to do that..that could be cool..

Ultradyne has a folding front sight that mounts behind the muzzle device.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well..If Rich decided to do that..that could be cool..

Ultradyne has a folding front sight that mounts behind the muzzle device.
I've seen that, it's hella expensive though, and IDK if it would work on the RDB considering how tall the gas piston and system are.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If I make any future changes to the RDB handguards it would be to shift them upwards to co-witness the M-Lok with the barrel midline.

However, that requires some type of re-design on the rail interface, probably like the Tavor handguard which is much taller than it is wide, due to how the stays interface, and would have to be a smidge wider.

At that point I could put a top cover up front as a 2nd piece, but that's way down the road. Have 3 other rails to finish up design for now that the RFB rails are finished. Doing an original Tavor SAR rail since Midwest stopped making theirs, a KSG rail, then a KS7 rail.

That's going to keep me busy through Winter, probably Spring.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Out of curiosity, how long did it take you guys to get it? Mines been in pre-transit since Monday.
So..I had mine on preorder..So technically it took longer. But once he got the parts,it was in my hands 3 days later

He's a 1 man show and doesn't keep alot on hand.I think he was still waiting for the non black variant of the handgairds when I got mine.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Per the website front page, we have a 3-5 business day processing time. The last several days was sucked up by assembling and prepping the Bren 806 ACR adapters that just arrived from anodizing. I'm working on RFB rails and other orders today. All will be shipped by tomorrow. Thanks for your order and patience.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh no worries. Shoot me a PM with your name or an email so I can update you with the latest if the tracking email you got from GoShippo isn't showing an update. One person didn't get their shipped today (only two weren't shipped from this weekend) but all the others are enroute as of today. 60 packages dropped off today. whew!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts