Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my RFB with the 24" barrel and want to put the front quad rail on it but the only one I can find for sale is the 3" for the shorter barrel. I see plenty of pictures with the 24" barrels with the long rails. Can anyone tell me who sells them.

Thank you.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The GA Cadguy on Gunbroker.com has 2 Quad-rails that are sold:

The long Quad rail is 8.866" for the 24" Hunter model
and the short Quad rail is 3.35" for either 18" Carbine or 24" Hunter.

Two of the adjacent rails stop short near the threaded end. This allows clearance for the Gas adjuster cap on the right and the Case coming out the ejection port on the left. (The very early RFB's have cap on the left, and ejection on the right, this will work with them also) 2 pinch bolts are used to clamp the threaded portion on the barrel.

This search will usually find them on Gunbroker.com
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=RFB+Quad

His username here is gunsNfood, this is one of his posts: http://www.thektog.org/forum/f91/quad-rails-255877/#post2236650

You can private message him, I would think.
hope this helps

·
Grand Poobah
898 Posts
GA_cadguy is still selling on Gunbroker. See link from henshao above. He has a short rail for sale there now. It does not appear he has posted on KTOG in almost 3 years under his gunsNfood handle. But he is still on GB. Send him an inquiry there and see if and when he is going to make some long rails.

I would send you his personal email, but don't think he wants it publicized.

I purchased two rails from him on GB a couple years back, as I have more than one RFB. I'm also getting ready to contact him to see if he will make an intermediate rail length for a project I am working on.

I own a Kel Tec rail and the two rails I purchased from cadguy, and can compare them side by side. Not to knock KT's product. This is a very low quantity sales and profit margin item for them. Having an engineering background, I much appreciate and prefer the design, function, finish, and quality of cadguy's product. It is lighter, stronger, and leaves more room for shells to drop free than the KT product. The material is removed in all the right places, and it more securely fastens to the barrel.

For the KT design, I had to drill a shallow divot hole in the accessory lug slot for the KT rail set screw to seat in, in order to prevent rotation on the barrel. The cadguy rail is easier to secure on the barrel and prevent rotation.

·
Grand Poobah
898 Posts
I sent him a personal email from the address I had 2 years back. Will post if he responds. I won't pass along his email without permission.

·
Grand Poobah
898 Posts
That's the right person. The underscore in the name was probably throwing off the search engine. It is not a high quantity item.

He usually makes a few then waits until demand builds a bit to make more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.