Retro-tactical.com Accessories

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by politenessman, Sep 25, 2009.

1. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    A few years ago I started making my own gear and doing small custom jobs for people. This is one of my hobbies, and has kept me off the streets for a while now. After getting laid off and with the economy being in such great shape  ;D I figured it was time to take the leap to making my hobby and passion, my career so; I'd like to present to you Retro tactical.
    Most of the products that I produce are based on custom jobs I've done in the past, or ideas that I've had when there's been nothing worth watching on TV. Some of the products that might interest the folks on this board are:

A GunSaddle for the Kel-tec Sub2000.
    This allows you to add a MOLLE compatible pouch to the stock of the S2K. I often have a double mag pouch, or a small cleaning kit on there. The nice thing is, the saddle does not interfere with the folding of the gun, so you can leave it on there with no problems.

[​IMG]

I also do saddles for full stocks:
    [​IMG]
    This particular one is a right handed rifle saddle, allowing the carry of an extra 6 rounds. The saddles can be left or right handed, and come in a variety of colors and camo patterns. All of this is configurable in the web store and your saddle is built to your order. Want it in Pink - no problem. Want ammo on both sides - yes we can do that. Have a weapon that carries two different calibers - not a problem, we can do that too

I also do a lot of niche products, like an IWB mag pouch:
    [​IMG]
    This particular pouch holds two Glock17 mags, but I can resize this for just about any single or double stack mag out there. (I've just shipped one for Berretta 92FS mags for instance.)

Take a look at the web store, read the blog, follow us on Twitter (@gunsaddles) and facebook if you are so inclined, and if there is anything I can help with, from a full custom one of a kind, to a modification of any thing I make, please let me know. I can be reached via PM here, or at sales@gunsaddles.com

2. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Re: GunSaddles.com Accessories

I was recently asked to build a custom saddle for a Ruger 10/22. The purpose of the saddle was a bug out survival application requiring the carriage of:

* 2 Spare 10 round Ruger magazines
    * 50-100 rounds of loose .22LR ammunition
    * A small survival kit

The rifle in question used a Choate folding stock, so a standard saddle could not be used. The gentleman concerned was good enough to ship the stock to me, and upon inspection, I was struck by how close it was in design to the stock of my Kel-tec Sub2000. That being the case, I figured a KTS2K saddle would fit the stock and I was right, it did indeed.

[​IMG]
    Here is the stock with a KTS2K saddle in Khaki. The PALs webbing would allow me to attach a 10/22 magazine pouch with MALICE clips. This is a great solution allowing me to add the magazine pouch and a pouch for loose ammunition, but there is no place for the survival pouch.

So as I couldn't use the standard saddle designs I had to put together a custom design and this is what I came up with:
    First I designed a larger saddle, based on the KTS2K design, but with a larger MOLLE panel and double sided.
    [​IMG]

In order to fix the saddle to the stock, the inside surface of the saddle was covered in 4[ch8243] hook and loop tape, with a strap across the back of the stock to prevent forward and backward motion of the saddle. The Velcro tape gives a good tight fit, and provides a stable platform for the pouches to be attached to.

The color choice for this rig was black, so black 1000D Cordura was used, however, to keep the weight and bulk down, the pouches were lined with rip-stop nylon. Early on, I had determined that dark stuff in a black pouch in low light conditions made things hard to see, so I used red rip-stop – I thought that might also look good with the black.

I was right too – here are a couple of pics of the MOLLE ammo pouch:
    [​IMG]
    magazine pouch:
    [​IMG]
    and survival pouch:
    [​IMG]

The ammo pouch has a flap that is there to prevent loose rounds from falling out when the pouch is opened. The survival pouch has a couple of elastic loops inside for organisation and rather than using a tab to open the pouch, I’ve put a finger tunnel in there (the two pieces of loop tape form the tunnel).

Assemble with MALICE clips (I am a huge fan of these things) and you have the complete unit as follows:
    [​IMG]
    Here you can see the ammo pouch and magazine pouch fixed to the saddle with the stock folded. Both pouches just clear the stock, and leave plenty of space around the trigger area, such that the rifle can be fired even with the stock in the folded position. The only thing you can’t do with the stock in this position is drop the magazine out, but as this is not a fighting rig, that factor is a minor issue and not major one.
    [​IMG]
    And here is the survival pouch attached to the stock in the folded position.
    I’m very happy with the end result. The survival pouch was going to be 3×5x1 and ended up at 4×5x1 giving the customer a little more space for those essentials and must haves. I also really like the red, which looks even better in real life than it does in the pictures. With the MALICE clips holding the rig together, it feels very sturdy and I feel confident that this will fill the role the customer has in mind for it.

If you have a custom requirement, feel free to email us at sales@gunsaddles.com or you can follow us on Facebook and twitter (@Gunsaddles)

3. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

Here is a variation on the 10/22 mag pouch - take out the internals and add an elasticated top to prevent spillage - and you have a pouch that holds a hundred or more rounds of loose .22LR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As with almost everything else I make, it is MOLLE compatible if you use MALICE clips, so you can attach this to a vest, or pack. It was designed to take loose .22LR but of course, it will take almost any loose ammo, as long as it is less than about 3" long - so 308/303 etc will fit in there.

On the other hand it could also be used for holding other small loose items that you really need in a pouch and really don't want to loose while you are on the move.

I'll be adding this product (in my usual array of colors) to the web site over the next week or so, but if anyone is interested in getting their hands on one of these, just let me know.
    As always you can at the web site, facebook or twitter.

4. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

New product announcement!

This is something I have been working on for a while based on a request from a customer!
    I now have a MOLLE compatible, dual clip pouch for the M1 Garand:
    [​IMG]
    This is similar to the 10/22 pouch but of course much larger to accommodate two enbloc clips. Available in all the usual colors; black, OD, Tan, Brown, other colors on request, from the web store.
    [​IMG]

5. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

Here at GunSaddles.com, we have been busy developing new ideas and working with customers on new products. We are proud to announce the following new products for the M1 Garand:

Sharpshooter saddle, Garand Variant
    Based off the sharpshooter saddle design, this incorporates a single enbloc clip pouch. As with the Sharpshooter saddle, three sizes of bean bag are available to allow for different heights of bipod (if shooting from a bipod). The saddle can be configured for left hand or right hand shooters, and is available in a number of different colors from the web store, and of course, custom colors are always available on request.
    [​IMG]

We are also offering the Dual Garand Clip Pouch, either as a stand alone MOLLE compatible, dual clip pouch for the M1 Garand, or fixed to our universal saddle, allowing two clips to be carried on the rifle.
    This is similar to the 10/22 pouch but of course much larger to accommodate two enbloc clips. Available in all the usual colors; black, OD, Tan, Brown, other colors on request, just drop me a line at sales@gunsaddles,com
    [​IMG]

Last but by no means least is the Single Clip Pouch. This is the same pouch that is fixed to the Sharpshooter saddle, Garand variant, but with the addition of PALs webbing on the rear of the pouch making it MOLLE compatible.
    [​IMG]

We welcome custom inquiries and as always we can be found in the following places:
    GunSaddles web store,
    Facebook Page
    twitter
    The Gunsaddles.com Blog

6. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

One of the things I get requests for on a regular basis are magazine pouches for pistol magazines - usually for concealed carry
    of one or two extra magazines. I recently announced our Inside the waist band dual magazine pouch (IWB), which is an open top design that can be sized for magazines as small as .32 or .380 single stacks all the way up to the largest I have been asked to build, which was a dual FN5-7 pouch.

Recently I was asked for a belt mounted horizontal pouch to hold a single Glock 17 or 19 magazine.
    [​IMG] This is a tricky design; vertical pouches use gravity to help hold the magazine in the pouch, but a horizontal magazine has gravity trying to pull the magazine out. My design works in both horizontal and vertical positions, has an integral retention system to grip the magazine and an adjustable closure to allow a tight fit to a variety of magazines. To the casual glance, the pouch appears to be a multi-tool pouch or similar, and in the right color, will blend in, in any corporate environment, on the street or in the home.

The IWB pouches are available here and the horizontal magazine pouch is available here.

As always we can be found in the following places:
    GunSaddles web store,
    Facebook Page
    twitter
    The Gunsaddles.com Blog

7. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009
  8. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

We are clearing out the workshop, and have posted some old stock and seconds on ebay, at a considerable discount to get them out of the door, including some saddles for the Sub2000.
    http://myworld.ebay.com/gunsaddles

9. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

New Product added to the web store.
    The loose ammo pouch is now up on the web store, here.
    [​IMG]
    This pouch is based on the same design as the Dual magazine pouch for the Ruger 10/22, but without the internal webbing and with an added elasticated top to prevent spillage.

The pouch is 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 inches, designed to take carry 100 rounds of loose .22LR ammunition, but of course, it will take almost any loose ammunition, as long as the cartridge length is less than 3" - so 308/303 etc will fit in there. On the other hand it could also be used for holding other small loose items that you really need in a pouch and really don't want to loose while you are on the move.

Construction is 1000D cordura, with a Rip-Stop nylon lining, and hook and loop closure.
    The pouch is MOLLE compatible, allowing attachment to a vest, or pack.
    Currently available in our standard colors - Black, OD, Coyote Tan and Coyote Brown.
    We are happy to customize any of our pouches, as seen here - the same pouch with a snazzy red lining!
    [​IMG]

GunSaddles web store,
    Facebook Page
    twitter
    The GunSaddles.com Blog

10. JB-Norcal

JB-Norcal New Member

Jan 24, 2006

I can't speak for or against this business or it's product - But, he sure is POLITE  :) and his site is well put together.

Do you do any work with Kydex? I've often thought that something could be made for the SU-16(A,B,CA) stock, to store other "stuff" (ammo, cleaning kit etc.) besides 2 mags.

11. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

I do some work with kydex, mostly R&D at the moment, I've not got any products in production that use it (although i am close - about another month and we'll be seeing a product that uses Kydex).

I'm happy to look at a custom piece (that may end up going into production if enough are interested) to fit the SU16. In fact, just from looking at the pics, the A and B variants could use a universal saddle (I'd have to check to make sure the lacing doesn't foul the magazines) and the C variant would require a full custom saddle, but like I said - if enough people wanted one, I could design one and manufacture a small batch.

12. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

Thank you - one does one's humble best :)

13. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

Since the invention of the gun, people have been customizing them to make them as individual as their owners. In the past this was done with engraving and wood carving. With many of todays modern weapons this is now no longer an option, however, at GunSaddles.com we think this is a shame and something should be done about it. We pride ourselves on innovation and new ideas, and for the past few months we have been working with a local supplier to bring you embroidery! Yes, you read that right. Its been common for years, for people to have custom embroidered hats, shirts and other fabric items, well now you can have a custom embroidered saddle for your rifle, carbine or shotgun.

Do you have a logo you wish to have on your saddle, or a symbol, team or unit badge, religious icon, or just decoration?
    [​IMG]
    Over the coming weeks we will be showcasing some one off embroidered saddles to give you an idea of what is possible. Just to whet the appetite, here are a couple of test pieces we put together yesterday. Shown here is a sharpshooter saddle with an image (The GunSaddles.com logo) and some text. In this case, this is a functional saddle with decoration, however you can order a plain saddle with custom embroidery just for the purposes of decoration.
    [​IMG]
    We can also offer small batch runs for clubs and organizations.

Because this is a custom process, we ask that text and images be submitted via email and someone from GunSaddles.com will confirm your requirements before we go ahead with the process. Please email all submissions to sales@gunsaddles.com, before ordering the saddle. We are still figuring out how to handle this with the web store so please bear with us, at this time all embroidery orders will be handled manually.

Images need to be in JPEG format, and must go through a process called digitizing. Digitizing processes the image so that it is understood by the embroidery machine. This is handled by a third party and there is a one time fee for this that we pass on. Some images have already been digitized and are available for free and we are happy to use these too. Please email us at sales@gunsaddles.com with your embroidery requirements and we will be happy to help you with images and text or combinations of both.
    [​IMG]
    Please note; we take copyrights seriously, so we won't embroider anything that is copyrighted without the copyright owners permission.

GunSaddles.com web store,
    Facebook Page
    twitter
    The GunSaddles.com Blog

14. Shanghai_Dan

Shanghai_Dan New Member

Dec 6, 2008

VERY nice work!  Here's a question: the S2K saddle, but sew on two of the magazine pouches.  But the pouches opening DOWN, so I can reach under with my left hand, pull the retention strap, and have the mag drop into my hand.  I would be VERY interested in that - two spare G17 mags on the butt, that would be a great option to have (especially if it would work with the G17 mags with the +2 caps installed - holding another 38 rounds on the butt would be wonderful!)

Also, the sideways pouch is VERY nice; could you do it in a size to hold two of the 10 round P32 mags?  It should be about the same size as the single G17 mag pouch, but you'd want to taper the magazine slots to handle the "weird" shape of the extended 10 round magazines.

And the loose ammo pouch with belt loops - perfect for plinking out in the woods!

15. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

Thank you, the black and red is very striking isn't it.
    I have an S2K saddle with the mag pouches built in sat on my table. This one has the pouches top opening but it is a trivial task to make them upside down. If you are interested I can put one together for you. What color?

Shouldn't be a problem to do, I just need to get a couple of P32 mags in order to insure I get the fit right, or at least some good pics so I can eyeball it :)

Its coming. We went MOLLE for most of the pouches because that was what most people were asking for. Now that we have MOLLE pouches, people keep asking for belt loops! :D
    I have a few items that in the R&D queue first, but adding belt loops is not that hard to do and I will be offering that shortly.

16. Shanghai_Dan

Shanghai_Dan New Member

Dec 6, 2008

You got PM!

17. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

Not a new product but just a little something I put together for a friend of mine
    [​IMG]
    Bacon is meat candy! ;)

18. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

Another new product is ready! This is a magazine carrier for the GSG-5. It carries 8 mags in a two deep, four wide, open top configuration.

[​IMG]

The carrier can be carried like a bag or like a chest rig. Using the D rings as attachment points, the straps can be moved around to change configuration. The front of the carrier has PALs webbing allowing the attachment of more magazine pouches or other pouches and accessories.
    Available in the web store later this afternoon.

[​IMG]

GunSaddles.com web store,
    Facebook Page
    twitter
    The GunSaddles.com Blog

19. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

I don't normally cross post my GunSaddles.com blog entries, but I do want to cross post this one as I am looking for feedback:
    http://blog.gunsaddles.com/2009/12/01/retro-tactical/
    Requests for pouches for milsurp rifles seem to be popping up a lot recently, so I figure, lets do some market research. What do you need and why?
    Over the coming weeks I'll have a pouch for the Enfield and most likely the Mosin and Mausers too, but what else is everyone looking for?

20. politenessman

politenessman New Member

Aug 21, 2009

I was asked recently by a member of this forum for a modified Sub2000 saddle. Now the normal saddle I make for the Sub2000 is a flat MOLLE panel like this:
    [​IMG]
    The MOLLE panel allows the addition of a small pouch, including magazine pouch. (My own Sub2K has a double mag pouch mounted in this way.

What Dan wanted was a permanent mag pouch (no need for the MOLLE webbing) and for the pouch to be upside down. The upside down aspect took me by surprise but when you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. I've been playing with this a little today and it is very easy to make a mag change, with the mag pouch oriented this way.

So here is the new saddle with integrated magazine pouch, sized for G17/G19 mags.
    [​IMG]
    Not a great photo but the weather is sort of dull, so no real natural light.
    This one will be heading off to its new owner in the next day or so (once I get the other job finished), but I just wanted to put it out there and see if there was interest in me making a few more?