retract

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by NickmotoDC, Feb 15, 2009.

1. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Re: Dropped the hammer while disassembled... :)

Concerned? Nah, but I would try not to do it again. Many of us have done just that one way or another and things still work just fine! At least you figured out you had to reset the hammer before you could get the slide on all the way. Good job!

-Scott

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

Welcome to KTOG

and what Scott said ;)

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

You are very welcome. Word of advice - don't mistake post count for expertiese or experience - at least not in my case. ;)

-Scott

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

;D ;D ;D ;D

5. HET45

HET45 New Member

Mar 6, 2005

It has to be pure hell being a perfectionist and owning a P3AT at the same time. ;D ;D

One of the reasons we love them so much is that, by the nature of the beast, THEY need a lot of love.

6. Stealth52650

Stealth52650 New Member

Sep 1, 2008

"I pulled the trigger of the P3AT when disassembled.  I then tried to slide the slide on with the hammer down and had a small collision/bumping of the parts.  I am a gentle guy, but now am worried about damages."

I Did the same thing.  First time I cleaned it I followed the instructions with the book. Second time
    I assumed I didn't need the book.  Well was getting ****ed off as I couldn't get it back together.
    Finally figured out what was wrong and haven't had a problem since. (Except for finding ammo))