retract

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by NickmotoDC, Feb 15, 2009.

1. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Re: P3AT Holster (I am not an advertiser)

Nick - assuming from the way your post is worded you are talking about the Wallet holster.  Do a search here
    [​IMG]
    for "wallet holster" and you will find that this has been discussed at serious length before.

-Scott

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
  3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

Now that you say that I am thinking that I remember some big hoopla between dealers over the issue of design. But that is just a fleeting memory and I couldn't where I saw that.

-Scott

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

i am selling swamp land in florida, and the statue of liberty. I am sure no one ripped off his design....

more than likely judging by how long I have had the one I have, it is quite the opposite.

5. djturnz

djturnz New Member

Feb 12, 2005

The wallet holster I saw in the link, would be an AOW, would it not?

6. seabear1500

seabear1500 New Member

Nov 23, 2008

I was also thinking there might be some legal issues. Not sure if it woul dbe called an AOW, but I don't think it would be legal in many states.

7. goodbrewing

goodbrewing Active Member

Oct 2, 2008

Which is it you hope no one is ripping him off but it is ok if he is ripping others off? Are you getting a cut of the sales the way you are pushing this 1 so hard?
    I like the trigger covered as others have mentioned before. I feel safer that way.

8. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008

I was also thinking there might be some legal issues. Not sure if it woul dbe called an AOW, but I don't think it would be legal in many states.[/quote]
    The AOW issue deals with whether or not the holster disguises the gun so that when drawn it is not clear that it is a gun. A wallet holster was produced years ago for the NAA minirevolvers that was ruled an AOW by the BATF because it was not clear that when drawn it was a gun. Recent wallet holsters do not cover the slide or the muzzle in order to disguise the gun. This was done to ensure BATF compliance. If there is any question on this, the BATF can be contacted at http://www.atf.gov/.

9. jnorthway

jnorthway New Member

Oct 17, 2007

Interesting, but a little scary too. YMMV

For my money, you've got to pull something out of your pocket either way. It might as well be a "naked" weapon that offers full access to the slide, mag release, etc. and the best grip options available.

Like I said YMMV, but it seems like a solution to a non existent problem (to me).

My 2 cents,
    Jon

10. NickmotoDC

NickmotoDC Guest

P3AT my 1st arm
    People talking fast and pushy at show
    I was convinced this guy said he designed it
    I could be wrong (especially since he said patent pending???)
    i paid 50
    I am happy
    I wanted to share with you guys
    it is old news to you guys
    so there is nothing I can share with you guys
    I am a newbie
    i was simply trying to be nice and share something I thought was neat

11. JB-Norcal

JB-Norcal New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Huh?, what happened, is this a case of thin skin?
    Like my Momma use to say "Speak up son".

12. goodbrewing

goodbrewing Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Seems to me he was looking for a market and found there wasn't 1 here. I could be wrong it has happened before. Good thing he never made it to the counter if he was put off by the statements here.

13. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    What happened? All any of us did was converse in a thread. I've reread the posts and no one said anything harsh at all. If his skin is that thin, maybe it's best he left now. All I know is I've had harder words posted in response to some of my posts than what were posted in this thread. Maybe he was looking to sell these things and didn't like the fact so many here already know about issues with this kind of holster. I wish the guy well but for crying out loud! I thought we were all rather polite.

14. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Well that was strange. This is the first time I have seen anything like this happen on this forum. I sure enjoy reading and learning more about Kel-Tec products and associated items.

I wonder what was up with this guy.

Billy

15. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    People come and go. Maybe he was trolling for a fight and never got it. There is a lot to learn here but it has its own culture. We'd love to have him back, or not.

-Scott

16. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    PM from NickmotoDC:

I was wondering what happened and finally found the thread. :-/