Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went back to the range last night to test a box of Remington Express Jacketed Hollow Points in my P3AT. I first ran through 50 of FMJ plinking rounds and then switched to the hollow points. The Kel tec handled them fine, no jams. Placed 7 of 7 in the 5x ring at 10 yards firing 1 round/sec. Very satisfied.

Anyone know if the 10 round mag on Kel-Tec's site is available somewhere?

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Re: Report on Remington Express Jacketed Hollow Po

Guyton - welcome and good shooting.  There is no 10 round mag for the P3AT, only the P32.  KT does sell a +1 extension which many of us like and another KTOGer has successfully modified another mfg's (Bersa I believe NAA - I stand corrected) magazine to fit but that was a one off.

-Scott

·
Registered
664 Posts

WELCOME Guyton,I was born at University Hospital myself,lived in Agusta and Martinez most of my younger life.That would be from 1941 to 1969.Good luck with your KT,thay work very good,only thing you can't just have one.Thay multiple on you. 8)

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

Welcome,

I carry RE JHP in my spare mag, 143 rounds down range without issue.

·
Registered
717 Posts

I've always had very good results with the 88-grain Remington JHP round and shoot that with a mix of various brands of FMJ when I practice.

I have also had the same good results with the 102-grain Remington Golden Saber JHP and carry that in my Kel-Tec. The tests by oldgrandpa and flyandscuba convinced me of the value of Golden Saber.

·
Registered
49 Posts

I like the reliability of Remington 88 JHP's. However, I have been unable to get any expansion in wet pack or even water. They either do nothing or fragment.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

shayes223 said:
I like the reliability of Remington 88 JHP's.  However, I have been unable to get any expansion in wet pack or even water.  They either do nothing or fragment.  

Is that UMC or Express you're testing?
http://stevespages.com/page8f380acp.html

·
Registered
717 Posts

The Remington 88-grain JHP looks impressive from the one set of tests, but I have based my decision to carry the Remington 102-grain Golden Saber on several tests. Other tests on the 88-grain have shown little or no expansion and indicate it acts more like a FMJ than hollow point.

Don't get me wrong; I like the round for its reliability and good price. I even carry it during the winter months at times because of its penetration and FMJ-like characteristics --- combined with the chance that it may also expand.

In my opinion the 88-grain is a good all-round choice; I just like the 102-grain Golden Saber based on a number of tests and the way it performs in my Kel-Tec. It all comes down to personal preference based upon research and range practice.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

I agree unit,

If I had to choose between the GS and 88gr. Express I would pick the GS too.
I carry the Express in my spare mag because of the FMJ like nose to avoid the first round hanging up, if I need to load a spare I'm not risking the hang up's I sometimes get with the Federal HS racking the first round.

I know the tests on the GS you're speaking of and one day I may test a couple of boxes in my 3AT. I'm happy with the 7 HS / 6 RE so I'm in no real hurry. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts

Rubb said:
I carry the Express in my spare mag because of the FMJ like nose to avoid the first round hanging up, if I need to load a spare I'm not risking the hang up's I sometimes get with the Federal HS racking the first round.
Glad you posted this.
I've been noticing that I really have to rack the slide with authority when using the Federal HS otherwise it will hang. I did a mild polish of the feed ramp but still get the occasional hang. Good to know that it is ammo specific. I haven't had a hang when using FMJ range ammo, but then I've made a habit of really racking the slide.

·
Registered
717 Posts

Rubb said:
I hadn't heard about the HS racking hang up. Thanks for that info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.