replies going to email

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by bigtime9, Jan 4, 2010.

1. bigtime9

bigtime9 Guest

New to the site and still trying to get used to things.I guess when I signed up I chose to recieve replies via email.I did not realize this would be all replies :-[ Is there a way I can change this so that I have to view the forum to see replies?Any and all help is appreciated. bigtime9

2. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Go into your profile - buttons top of page - and look at your options. Remove the check mark for email notification. Or another option is to remove your notification on the main page. You click on notification for only specific threads you like, or for specific forums. For instance I have notification setup for the Sub 2000 forum so I get an email whenever anyone posts in there. But for the other forums I only select notification for specific threads. You must have accidentally clicked on the notification button on the main page, so your getting email for everything. To remove that click on it again while on the main page and you should get a new window asking you to confirm stopping notification. Hope this helps.

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    He most likely ALSO registered at the KTOG Yahoo group and got us confused with them. That's happened a few times. In the registration process there, the default setting is to get an email EVERY TIME someone posts something. You get besieged with emails. Anyway, looks like he didn't stick around here long enough to get this info so he'll keep getting those emails. ;D

4. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Some people just have no patience. BIGTIME!!!! :D

5. ss440gp

ss440gp New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Thats where I'm getting all the emails from!! How do I stop that?

6. ss440gp

ss440gp New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I think I fixed it, went into Yahoo groups and changed some things. Thanks for the info, didn't know I was a member of that group and couldn't figure out where all the emails were from.

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    At some point, you joined the Yahoo group as we are unaffiliated with them. Glad you got it figured out.