Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
It's just a matter of pulling the frame if the hammer block is already installed in the grip. I think I read on here that they are when you get a new grip.

Hopefully someone will confirm that or tell me I'm wrong.

Here's a link for disassembly, the instructions actually make it sound harder than it is.
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/disassembly.htm

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  They only charge you extra for the hammer block and magazine catch PARTS, but they come already INSTALLED in the grip. It's about $6 more, but the only way to go. You NEVER want to pull the shiny hammer block pin unless you HAVE to.

After you remove the slide, protect the frame and pull the trigger. That will remove the tension from the hammer spring so you won't over-stretch it while disconnecting it.

To put the frame into the grip, you have to push back the hammer block from behind with something thin.

Packer.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Two Pistol Packer said:
  After you remove the slide, protect the frame and pull the trigger. That will remove the tension from the hammer spring so you won't stretch it while disconnecting it.

Packer.
Thank you, Packer! 8)

Here's another good reason for reading posts about thing you think you already understand because you have done it many times. I look forward to less of a struggle "next time." ::)

TucsonMTB . . . who is proof you can teach an old dog new tricks, slowly ;D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just changed the olive grip on my new P3AT to black. The olive was clashing with my blue jeans and I didn't want to be a fashion creatin. First advice is to follow the last advice - spend the extra six bucks for "small parts installed" when you order the grip. I brought up the referenced link just in case I forgot something since the last time I did this. I found a paint can opener to use to get the bottom part holding the spring to release, but like the tool someone here fabricated from a hacksaw blade. I exercised caution when drifting the two takedown pins out of the frame and used a thick paperclip to push the hammer block forard (you need to push it further than you might think but when it's right the frame goes right into place). Just remember the first rule!! - never apply force. Polymer and aluminum are SOFT!!. The hammer block is usually the biggest snag when reassebling. If it is far unough forward when you push the fram down everything should go back in easily. The changeover took all of five minutes and now I am fashioned coordinated!!

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
brett30030 said:
Where do you get the colored grips, i do not see them on the website? What kind of cost is there? Rover, what would you take for yours shipped to Atlanta?
Kel-Tec parts: 1-800-515-9983

Call tomorrow for latest prices. No more than $30 though plus $6.50 shipping. Shipping is flat rate, so if you need anything else, (Spare parts or accessories) buy it now.

I believe the grips come in black, gray or green.

Packer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Brett,
If you'd like the olive grip I'd be happy to pass it on to you for $25 including shipping. The new cost is about $30 plus shipping. It has all the bottom parts. Email me your address and I'll drop it in the mail if you'd like. I've never been ripped in thirty years dealing with gun folks so you can send me a check when you receive it. [email protected]

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I love this bar. ;D

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
PM is private message on this board. Look under the ad banner at the top of any page it should say "Hey Rover you have ? messages" click on the blue part it will take you to your inbox for ktog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.