Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Just my opinion of course, but the Northwood trigger was developed expressly for the Kel Tec and requires no frame mods. This is the trigger I have experience with and it is essentially drop in. The RTK triggers were, I believe, originally developed for the Ruger products and then adapted for the Kel Tecs. At least for the PF-9, they require some frame modification (drilling) which can void the Kel Tec warranty. Not sure if the same applies to the P3AT. Also, I think the Northwood trigger just looks better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the candor PF9

I was thinking along the same lines-I noticed that there may be drilling needed with the RTK trigger and that did give me pause, and that the Northwood did NOT. I also noticed that they are about the same price, however, you receive a few 'tools' with the Northwood-not that we all don't have a million punches laying about and also the Northwood looks a bit nicer. Thanks for the input-I do appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I was thinking along the same lines-I noticed that there may be drilling needed with the RTK trigger and that did give me pause, and that the Northwood did NOT. I also noticed that they are about the same price, however, you receive a few 'tools' with the Northwood-not that we all don't have a million punches laying about and also the Northwood looks a bit nicer. Thanks for the input-I do appreciate it.
Pops also provides the best tutorial for the disassembly and reassembly of the KelTec pistols. It is so good we send people with other problems to his information page for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.