Replacement grips?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by crzbiker, Jan 14, 2009.

1. crzbiker

crzbiker New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Somewhere here I saw a P3AT with what looked like wooden grips. Since this would seem to be impossible, with the construction of the gun, what was I looking at? It sure looked like wood! :-?

2. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    If this is what you saw, they are   www.tractiongrips.com    got them from a LEO from GA. I really like them, great for no slip gripping, inexpensive, and easy to install.  Jim  <><

[​IMG]

3. ebk637

ebk637 New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    that's different!i like it'i think.lol
    if you decide that you dont want it on does come off fairly easy without damage?

4. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Yep; peel em off, but I like them, and they are stuck real good. I pocket carry in a Galco, and they really get tested. Jim <><

5. ebk637

ebk637 New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    thanks for the info.
    I have seen the black stuff but this is different.
    is it pre cut also?

6. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Yep; precut, and ready to install, I ordered them custom painted. $10.00, ship included. Jim <><

7. ebk637

ebk637 New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    10 bucks!
    Im on that like a fat kid on a cupcake!

8. crzbiker

crzbiker New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    [quote author=diamond_jim link=1231984925/0#1 date=1231988226]If this is what you saw, they are   www.tractiongrips.com    got them from a LEO from GA. I really like them, great for no slip gripping, inexpensive, and easy to install.  Jim  <><

I saw them on another of your posts and left, a now redundant, message.They are still way cool.

9. T_Rob

T_Rob New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    My $0.02 I like the ones I got on my P3at so much, got some for the Glock 17. ;)

10. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    I am expecting mine in the mail today. Don, at tractiongrips.com, has been extremely helpful with my order and information concerning the grips. Would highly recommend him. I am thinking about trying a wood grain look also. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

11. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Since we are talking stick ons as well as replacements, make sure you consider the uggliest thing on the market that works and feels the best ever in your hands, the agrip.  

[​IMG]

http://www.brookstactical.com

A fuzzy warm feeling until you add just a tiny bit of pressure and moisture and then this stuff sticks like suction cups to your hands.  It's great for a concealed carry piece that getting a hold on can be difficult but that might also rub up against your skin while carrying.

-Scott

12. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    I am expecting mine in the mail today.  Don, at tractiongrips.com, has been extremely helpful with my order and information concerning the grips.  Would highly recommend him. I am thinking about trying a wood grain look also.  I'll let y'all know how it works out.[/quote]

They arrived, I installed em, I like em. The end. I tried to post a picture but can't seem to get it. I have done it in the past. Don't know what is wrong. I'll keep trying.

13. randall

randall New Member

Aug 14, 2005
    I ordered a set in the plack peble grain finnish, they also come in a black sand like finnish. You can get them in the wood grain finnish and other colors by special order. Just ordered them Friday, was told they will ship Monday so when I get them I will try to past some pics. :cool:

14. randall

randall New Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Got my grips on, they look good. Downloaded them to photobucket but I cant figure out how to get them from there to here, Yah I know duh, but any help would be appreciated. >:(

15. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
  16. randall

randall New Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Here are the peble grips installed[​IMG][im[​IMG]g][/img]g][​IMG]

17. randall

randall New Member

Aug 14, 2005
    I think I need to make the pics smaller ay? I could only get two pictures to download on the post :cool:

18. randall

randall New Member

Aug 14, 2005
    I like the fact that they give you strips for the back of the grip and the front and under the trigger guard also. They stuck well, although I had to re-position the rear grip strip,I will see how that holds up"my fault if it does not" I havnt shot it yet but by the feal I should have more control over recoil and quicker draw from a holster...P.S. Thanks for your help Cajun  :cool:

19. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    While viewing the pic in PB, hoover the cursor over the pic. Below, a drop-down list of 4 links will appear. Right click and copy the last (bottom) link. Back on ktog, right click and paste the link right into your post. It's easy. ;)

20. cherry911

cherry911 New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    If any of you guys pocket carry have you noticed any difficulty drawing from your pockets with the new grips?