Discussion Starter · #1 ·
   I sent my P3AT back to Kel-Tec for repairs 6 weeks ago

today. Kel-Tec had good turn around time on repairs so whats the

normal turn around time now ?????

·
Administrator
32,172 Posts
Re:  Repair Time ????

Yes, we can count too. It could be worse...  much worse.  Note these posts from only 2 threads on other forums.   ;)

Taurus has the worst customer service. I own 4, like their Firearms but service is horrendous. While shooting my 44 the sight pin came out and I lost the front sight in gravel. I called for a new one and they took my credit card info. I was charged for it on my card but the sight never arrived. Then after 2 calls and 3 letter of complaint one finally came 8 months later!! How hard is it to get a front site to a person. When it came the pin was with it but the sight was not drilled for a pin.
it's been 10 weeks so far for my Ruger GP-100. I need to give them a call.
From personal experience,Browning was the worst and Colt came very close to a tie with them.
Browning damaged my Hipower and did not fix the original problem correctly. The first time in took over 6+ weeks. When I called and questioned the status after 3 weeks,they couldn't find the gun. Later they found it in the box I shipped it in. I asked how much longer,the party on the phone said, "call back in about 4 weeks,it only takes us about 4 weeks to repair a gun" Now doesn't 4+3=7? Which is just about what it took, close to 7 weeks.However when I got it back,the problem is not gone,but now something new,scratches on the slide.
It went back 3 more times due to the same problem.
Two of the times it was sent to Browning Headquarters here in Utah because I didn't trust the place in Missouri Browning ended up buying it back.
I don't recommend sending anything to the Arnold Missouri repair facility. (if it is still open)
Colt damaged my Cobra by scratching the gun around the trigger. I decided I wouldn't waste my time with such p.p service and rude people.

Due to the above two problems, I have decided to stay away from all Browning and Colt firearms.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218130

My Tracker just came back from Taurus after 7 weeks.
Sig in New Hampshire, terrible. Had my 228 for 4 months, couldn't find it though they had arecord of its receipt, when they found it, they returned it to me without servicing it. Paid a local gunsmith to fix it.
EAA takes about 2 months to send your gun back (with out fixing the problem). :cuss:

What a worthless company.
I had some very long return experiences with my Rossi. Both times I think it went to Interarms in Virginia. Both times I took it to different local gunshops here. The first repair was the firing pin; I later found out that this shop waited a few weeks to send it in. When I called and asked for a status of the repair, they told me to call the Interarms. Interarms was much less than helpful, and could not even give me a turn around time. It ended up being about three months to replace a hammer mounted firing pin. I quit doing business with that shop. They claimed it was not their fault; I told them they had messed up by waiting weeks to ship the revolver. They claimed that they didn't wait weeks to ship it in; I pointed out the time it took from when I brought it in to the time it was received by Interarms. Caught in a lie, they just shrugged. They are now out of business.

The second repair on that revolver was on the rear sight. Different shop, same problem. The repairs took about 90 days, but they didn't even bother to call me when it was ready. "I guess we forgot" said the clerk. I told him after I picked it up that I will forget to do business there in the future. They didn't even apologize either.
A shooting buddy of mine had to send two different OU's at two different times back to Browning. Each one was gone for about 6 months.
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-126063.html

·
Registered
56 Posts

Hello
1st Time

Bought a new p3at took it to the range for the first time. Shoot 1 mag. and the trigger spring broke. Sent it in for service 6+ weeks ago. Very >:( i could understand if i shoot 1000's of rounds through this gun but 6 come on. Called and asked for a supervisor and the guy said Rick will call you back. Still no call.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hey Crazy Horse

Try E-mailing I did and got this back from them the next day.

14666 Entered By: repair8
Date In: 2/24/2010
Service Completed:
Ship Date:
Tracking:

Robert xxxxxxxxxxxxx

734-281-xxxx
xxxxx Quarry St.
Riverview, MI 48193
USA

there is about an 8 week turnaround

·
Registered
56 Posts

Hey Alton

Just got my p3at back yesterday. Took it to the range today to start breaking it. Worked great. Put 100 rounds through it with 2 FTF. I've read this normal through the break in stage.
Good luck hope yours comes soon.

PS. Does anyone know how many rounds it takes for it to be "broken in"

·
Administrator
32,172 Posts

Crazy_Horse said:
PS. Does anyone know how many rounds it takes for it to be "broken in"
100 - 200 rounds is sufficient for initial breakin although it may get a little smoother over time even beyond that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts