Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The used P3 AT I bought for the wife had a belt clip screwed to it. Can I remove the belt clip and just screw the screw into the hole ? Or do I have to re-insert the plastic rivet into the frame again?
I ask because I dont have a hole punch, thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just to INSERT the pin, I dont see any need for a punch. Just a small hammer and a careful swing. If a punch is needed though, it this case, a cheap nail set from lowes will fit the bill just fine. A buck or two at the most I would think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
james__12345 said:
Just to INSERT the pin, I dont see any need for a punch.  Just a small hammer and a careful swing.  If a punch is needed though, it this case, a cheap nail set from lowes will fit the bill just fine.  A buck or two at the most I would think.

Thanks, but can I not just use the existing pin that came with the clip instead of removing it and putting back the original plastic pin?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey frederick when my wife bought hers for the P3AT the gunsmith that put it on said if she did not like it that all she had to do was remove the clip and put the screw back in. He said no need to replace the original plastic pin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Be careful when you tighten the screw, I did mine too tight and it interfered with the trigger bar causing it to click when the trigger was pulled.
SteveB

·
Registered
165 Posts
Frederick said:
Thanks, but can I not just use the existing pin that came with the clip instead of removing it and putting back the original plastic pin?
Its very possible that you can. I don't know though, because I've never dealt with the clip or the pin thats with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I will not fret about putting the original plastic pin back in then I put the screw into it but didnt overtighten thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
When you put the screw back in put a drop of blue loc-tite on it. Take my clip off during the winter and put it back on in the summer, never had a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.