removing the belt clip

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Frederick, May 19, 2010.

1. Frederick

Frederick New Member

May 9, 2010
    The used P3 AT I bought for the wife had a belt clip screwed to it. Can I remove the belt clip and just screw the screw into the hole ? Or do I have to re-insert the plastic rivet into the frame again?
    I ask because I dont have a hole punch, thanks

2. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Just to INSERT the pin, I dont see any need for a punch. Just a small hammer and a careful swing. If a punch is needed though, it this case, a cheap nail set from lowes will fit the bill just fine. A buck or two at the most I would think.

3. Frederick

Frederick New Member

May 9, 2010

Thanks, but can I not just use the existing pin that came with the clip instead of removing it and putting back the original plastic pin?

4. Crazy_Horse

Crazy_Horse New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Hey frederick when my wife bought hers for the P3AT the gunsmith that put it on said if she did not like it that all she had to do was remove the clip and put the screw back in. He said no need to replace the original plastic pin.

5. bergners

bergners New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Be careful when you tighten the screw, I did mine too tight and it interfered with the trigger bar causing it to click when the trigger was pulled.
    SteveB

6. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Its very possible that you can. I don't know though, because I've never dealt with the clip or the pin thats with it.

7. Frederick

Frederick New Member

May 9, 2010
    Thanks, I will not fret about putting the original plastic pin back in then I put the screw into it but didnt overtighten thanks

8. Dugger

Dugger Member

Jun 9, 2009
    When you put the screw back in put a drop of blue loc-tite on it. Take my clip off during the winter and put it back on in the summer, never had a problem.