Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I was tubing around yesterday ( Youtubeing that is .) when I came upon a variety of video's of people using little remote control boats to fish with. It was quite entertaining to observe. Especially when the fish wins. And you think some rod and reels get expensive. Whoa. :cool:

Hey They even use RC tucks to launch the boats in some cases .

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Well I was tubing around yesterday ( Youtubeing that is .) when I came upon a variety of video's of people using little remote control boats to fish with. It was quite entertaining to observe. Especially when the fish wins. And you think some rod and reels get expensive. Whoa. :cool:

Hey They even use RC tucks to launch the boats in some cases .
We need links!!!!
That had GOT to be good!

"We need more power!"
"I'm giving it all she's got capt'n!"

·
Banned
325 Posts
Now that is just plumb lazy if someone has to fish by remote control! :( Where is the fun in that? Where is the fun in physically setting the hook and landing the catch? Sorry, but I am out! Good for them that they are losing massive dollars on their setup because they are too lazy to get out and actually do something! Serves them right. Darn, I hate lazy people who cant or wont do anything for themselves but yet rely on technology to suppliment their laziness! :mad:

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Yeah, as a lifelong lover of fishing... That's just wrong!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Those videos belong in the "Idiots are Us" file. There is nothing like playing a fish and feeling that nibble before you set the hook. That is fishing.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a12RcDCR2q8 This is my first time inserting a link so I apologize in advance if this does not work correctly.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnLaEzDMmwY Here is yet another one. These are all on youtube under rc fishing. I prefer the old fashion way my self. It is fun to view these people using these .
I fixed the first link in the quote. It should be called "I think we're going to need a bigger boat!":eek:
I couldn't resolve the second so I substituted another one:D.
It works, but the boat doesn't fare so well:rolleyes:. You still need something to reel in the upside-down boat.

Edit: And you can guess what's next........ well, they are everywhere:rolleyes:[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaB6miNcs-0"]they are everywhere[/ame]
(they just use it to carry the bait out and film the strike)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help . I love these Boats, Drones. What's:D next a rocket." Houston; we have a Bite"
" Holy Mackerel ! Oh my Cod!. Why did we do this Sir?!
(Reply) Oh , just for the Halibut .

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I Like this video. although the catches' are best described as sardines , the Little boat and the GI Joe fisherman get a few of them . Its fun to watch.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how long before someone builds an RC Marine patrol boat that comes along side and issues a ticket for fishing without a license.... That would make it REALLY like fishing....
Pull over Mr. RC Boat. Do you have a specific RC fishing license? NO! Well then I will remotely send my RC
Water transportation Vehicle Boat Speedboat Boating
boat over with a ticket. Pay up or the RC boat will be impounded.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I don't think this is anything new. I believe I first saw something about fishing with an RC boat years ago. I seem to recall seeing an RC boat that actually came set up for fishing. I think it was meant to be more for little kids to have fun catching small bream, etc. close to the bank than anything else, though - kind of like in the last video that jimboksg posted. I honestly think it looks kind of fun and probably requires more skill that some might think. After all, you have to know how much line to let out depending on how deep or shallow they are biting, you have to know when to activate the reel to avoid too much slack and when to just let the fish run. You have to be aware of when you need to move the boat, etc.

Personally, in addition to the RC boat and the RC reel I would want one more RC item. I would have a small, RC swing arm with an X-Acto blade, razor blade or scalpel blade mounted to it set up perpendicular to the line. That way if I caught something too big I could activate the swing arm, move the blade against the line and cut the line before my RC boat sank.

Reactions: jimboksg

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
What's:D next a rocket.
Yes. Well, sort of. I have also wanted to try one of these out for some time. I fish from the bank and the good places to do so are getting fewer. Some places look pretty good but there is so much foliage that you can't get a decent cast - not overhand, not side casting, not really any, good way. These would solve that problem, I think - skip to about 3:51 to pick up when the action starts:

Here is a slightly more 'grown up' version of the concept:

Reactions: jimboksg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think this is anything new. I believe I first saw something about fishing with an RC boat years ago. I seem to recall seeing an RC boat that actually came set up for fishing. I think it was meant to be more for little kids to have fun catching small bream, etc. close to the bank than anything else, though - kind of like in the last video that jimboksg posted. I honestly think it looks kind of fun and probably requires more skill that some might think. After all, you have to know how much line to let out depending on how deep or shallow they are biting, you have to know when to activate the reel to avoid too much slack and when to just let the fish run. You have to be aware of when you need to move the boat, etc.

Personally, in addition to the RC boat and the RC reel I would want one more RC item. I would have a small, RC swing arm with an X-Acto blade, razor blade or scalpel blade mounted to it set up perpendicular to the line. That way if I caught something too big I could activate the swing arm, move the blade against the line and cut the line before my RC boat sank.
That's an awesome Idea. Many an RC boat has caught too big a fish and then quote JAWS " Were gonna need a bigger boat"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.