Reliable, daily carry

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Avman, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Avman

Avman New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    I think too often people come to forums to check out guns and are dissuaded by a few people that may be having problems with their gun. After all, for many people, if your gun is working perfectly, what else is there to talk about? This is certainly not true for many KT enthusiasts, but I think you get my point.

Three years ago I lurked around, eventually became a member, and asked several questions about purchasing a P3AT. I eventually bought one and I haven't really posted since. However, I just thought I'd check back in and let everyone know that my P3AT has had no problems of any kind. I shoot a few mags every time I go to the range and have shot it with all kinds of ammo without a hiccup. I carry it in a grandfather oak pocket companion holster and it has always been reliable. It goes boom every time I pull the trigger! For me, there just isn't much to talk about be cause it works as planned every time. If you're on the fence about one of these, just do it. You can carry this thing all day long and its there if you might need it. They're inexpensive and much better than nothing at all. -Avman

2. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Great post! We need more like that. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bobo

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1231868017]This Thread[/link]

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Thanks for stopping By, stick around, get your posts up and stop in the counter some time ;)

5. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I have had my 2nd generation p3 for about 14 months now and it stays in my front pocket anywhere I can legaly carry it. I have had the same luck as you. Always goes bang and puts another in the chamber until empty. I love it and have recomended it as a pocket pistol to many friends. From what I have read on here if I ever do have a problem I will be taken care of. Can't ask for more.

6. Avman

Avman New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    see what I mean? My post about what a great pistol the 3AT is was hijacked by people talking about problems :-/ -Avman

7. Avman

Avman New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    thanks goodbrewing...for saying something positive. Everybody now... "we love our kel-tecs!" -Avman

8. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Moved the off topic post.
    Lets see how long it stays on topic now and welcome Avman back

9. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Agree, carry it all my awake hrs. In fact I like it so much, had to have another, the new one is a 32 (light handle), need to show them off.   Jim  <><

[​IMG]

10. PF9Newbie

PF9Newbie New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I would agree with you on those who simply want to complain.  My first generation P3AT has been dead reliable with any and all ammo I have fed it the past couple of years.  It has never had a failure to feed or fire, and that was before I did a little recent fluff and buff based on some good ideas from the forum. Also recent installed a Crimson Trace laser with makes pointing the gun at short ranges much simpler.  This little gun is simply a great buy for the money and is a great gun for its purpose.  Have both a Galco pocket holster and a Pager Pal holster for it to fit whatever carry conditions I may need.  Both work great.  

11. LittleKatie

LittleKatie New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I have to jump in here and say that I too am very proud to own and carry my LittleKatie everywhere I legally can. I have been very impressed with her and I must say, that I have been very impressed with this forum. The post and the replies that I have gotten or read, have been absolutely wonderful. Its good to see someone that has a question or problem and post it, then to get almost immediate help in such a friendly manner. I wish all of life could be that simple. Maybe if everyone carried a p3at it would.

12. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    As JFB and others have said "Welcome back". Hang around this time..We always like to hear all the positive reports from the range trips...

John

13. red71

red71 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Haven't had mine very long, got one for the wife early Dec, she's getting her ccw end of month, I really didn't think I would like it because of my extra large hands :) first time I fired it two handed grip I wasn't impressed, so I went one hand with one finger on the grip :) it worked great! I went out the next week and got an olive green for myself! Both are kind of in the break-in stage, under 200 rounds, but not one problem with four kinds of ammo!

14. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I love my 3AT and take it with me almost without exception. It has never failed to go bang and never had any type of other failure. My only modification was to sand down the mag release because it was getting pushed in my back pocket. I also did about a 10 second polish on the feed ramp with my Dremel just for giggles. It is nice to clean it and see the shine on that ramp!

Billy

15. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    You saw me sitting in the choir, didn't you Avman? Amen, brother!

16. ebk637

ebk637 New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    I did the same thing when i bought my p3at.
    I love it though.carry it everyday in my pocket.it may get a brake now that i got a p11 recently.
    naaah,ill carry them both.lol

17. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Mine has been outstanding. It is by far the easiest weapon to conceal in a decent caliber out there. It has been very reliable and a hoot to shoot. :)

18. aSplinteredCell

aSplinteredCell New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I like to hear folks say good things in the forums, not just the bad! I work at a police department where KEL TEC is a bad word. When challenged on why these people feel this way NO ONE can give solid answers. They can only refer to their uncle's neighbor's second cousin's friend's co-worker who heard something bad about a KT. WHY? I think this company in general has received a bad rap. I have never had ANY problems out of my P3AT, and I will never let it go. I am also currently considering adding a PLR-16 to my bag of tricks in my patrol car. Why? Because when I think of Kel Tec I think of dependability and good machinery that has been tested in my daily job as a cop's back up weapon and in my personal life as an off duty carry.

Thanks for the good posts, lets keep it up!

Thanks,

J

19. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Some of the early P3ATs had problems. At that time my local dealer refused to carry them. Once the factory got things together he keeps them on order all the time and has sold a bunch of them to local LEOs who find them reliable enough to use them as their back up guns.

20. abuck50

abuck50 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I carry mine daily and have had no problems.

Craig